none
Query Timeout during SyncOrchestrator.Synchronize RRS feed

• Question

• I am running an application which perform Synchronization operations on a separate thread.  When there is a lot of data to synchronize, queries running against the database in another thread will timeout.  What is the recommended method to prevent synchronization from delaying queries against the database?  I have tried canceling the sync operation, but this can take a long time (in same cases over 100 seconds).  I am thinking that I have to kill the background thread.

In a related question, how can I track the number of records uploaded and downloaded during SyncOrchestrator.Synchronize when I cancel the Sync Session? If I kill the synchronization thread?

Howard P. Weiss

Thursday, June 5, 2014 6:34 PM

All replies

• if you cancel the sync session, it should rollback the ongoing sync transaction.

but in a bidirectional sync, for example and Upload and Download, if you cancel on the download part, the upload would have committed already. 

the sync statistics is returned by the Synchronize() call. if you are inside any of the Sync Fx events when you try to cancel, you can at least try to access the sync context. if you abort from the outside, then you wont have access to it.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:14 AM