The call was disconnected because communicator stopped receiving audio from USERNAME. Please try the call again RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi all,

I finally succeded install edge server, now I can contact with users out of office.

The only problem that left unsolved is that if user from internal the office try to start a voice conversations with user from outside of the office the call hanged up. Voice conversations between 2 external users works great.

I tried to open all the ports for the workstation inside the LAN but it didn't solve my issu.

Please advise.

Monday, March 3, 2008 8:10 AM

Answers

• Well. actually I did,

configure the DMZ nic to use Public IP address instead of NAT,

I know it doesn't sound that good but this is the solution.

enjoy it.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 7:42 AM

All replies

• Did you get this sorted I have the same issue.

Cheers

Joel

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 1:30 AM
  • Well. actually I did,

configure the DMZ nic to use Public IP address instead of NAT,

I know it doesn't sound that good but this is the solution.

enjoy it.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 7:42 AM
  • For which service did you need to configure the public address?

Edge Access Server, Web Conferncing orthe A/V bit

Cheers

Joel

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 1:55 AM
  • you need to configure public ip address for the A/V server

yours,

Assaf

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 7:36 AM
  • Hi all,

I have the same problem, my Edge has 3 publicly routed IPs (A/V, Access and WebConf), MOC successfully connects from Internet but if I try a call it rings but it disconnects suddenly when answered.

Thank you for Your attention

FB

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 9:01 AM
  • Fabio, did you resolve this one? Interested to know why it doesn't work with public IP's...

Steve

Saturday, April 5, 2008 9:52 AM
  • Has anyone else resolved this?

Saturday, April 12, 2008 10:58 AM
  • legenda:

internal = MOC2007 in my LAN

external= MOC2007 over Internet

My scenario is as follow:       (I remember you I have 3 publicly routed IPs for my Edge)

1. internal to internal voice call are OK 

2. internal to external voice call ring but suddenly disconnect when answered

3. call from external to a classic telephone works

4. Livemeeting from internal to external works but has a certificate problem

5 every MOC (internal and external) has a Limited Connectivity Warning .......

I'm trying to fix it by myself, but I think I'll need a Microsoft Services' support onsite.

Have a nice day

Fabio

Saturday, April 12, 2008 1:33 PM
  • I'm so frustrated as it was all working briefly the other day. Even this morning I managed to get rid of the Limited External Calling error on all MOC clients but I'm not sure how! I fiddled with DNS to remove all reference to the Edge, and forced host files on the OCS server and Edge server pointing to the Edge and OCS servers with their Internal IP interfaces only. That stopped the validation from failing when it was trying to connect to 5061 on the External IP.

I get the same, I can call from an external MOC client to my mobile phone via the PBX and Mediation, but there is no audio and so the call drops. I wish I knew how I fixed this the other day!

One thing I did notice was that the AV edge server configuration was set to our av edge hostname correctly, and was referenced by the OCS pool in the Forest status page for edge servers, but under Mediation Servers there was <none> referencing this av edge server. I wonder if this is it?

Keep us posted what you find..?

Steve

Saturday, April 12, 2008 3:12 PM
  •  

Does the external nic outside instead of NAT do the trick? Dont want to go thriough all the hassle and find there is something else i need to do.

Thanks

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 6:46 PM
  • Not that I can tell. I've got the following:

Ext IP 1 - accessedge.domain.com - 85.x.x.19

Ext IP 2 - webedge.domain.com - 85.x.x.20

Ext IP 3 - avedge.domain.com - 85.x.x.21

Int IP - edge - 172.16.0.9

All 3 Ext IP's are bound to the same physical adapter and the 1 Int IP is bound to another adapter. So I have two adapters in total.

The next thing I need to try is 2 physical adapters for the external IP's - access and web conferencing edge on the first adapter (and the same Ext IP) and av edge on the second adapter (obviously with another Ext IP). I read today that this may be required.

I am now having some issues with my OCS server connecting to the AV Authentication service which is a pain. I bet it's all down to certificates.

Steve

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 8:29 PM
  • I am having the same problem.

I have all my edge external interfaces with Public IP.
    The edge is connected internally with pritvate IP.

Everything form outside is working. Except for A/V.
    When a call is made to external users . The external MOC user can hear the internal MOC user for few seconds , then the call drops. Thats all that is happening.

When the external user connects through Dial-UP. The call is successful.
    Since in most cases when a dial-up is used the user gets a public IP on the connection.   So what i am sucpecting in my case is that the problem is with A/V Edge IP. Although it is Public IP but something is not right @ Edge.

Note: For A/V calls in OCS . Either two conditions must be true i.e.
    1. "A/V Edge must have Public IP assigned" . In this case the External user can have A/V through nated IP.  Which is the case for most external users.

2. "External users must have Public IP" .  In this case the A/V Edge can have a nated IP.

Regards
    Mania

Monday, April 21, 2008 7:02 PM
  • I did solve my problem. All is now fine and there are no errors.

1. I removed all the certificates and requested new ones. I also removed root CA's and added them again too.

2. I deactivated the AV Edge server role and started again by deploying that role again. When reactivated I went through the deployment guide as usual and hey presto it works.

3. I rebooted our firewall and router which helped. Sometimes after so much testing the strangest things get corrupt.

I hope that helps you.

Steve

Monday, April 21, 2008 8:10 PM