Translater RRS feed

• Question

• Since a few days (I have the feeling after the latest udates) the translater in our windows 7 doesn't work any more. The icon is visible but there is no reaction when I want to activate the function. Before this it was working oké. Has anybody the same problem and does anybody know the sollution? Thanks for answering. Elly 
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012 12:57 PM

Answers

• Hello Chris,

I just tried something. I removed the bing bar from my computer and I downloaded the latest versionn(which seems to be the same). After that I could add the ap for translation and it works just fine.

Thanks for your time with kind regards, Elly.

Sunday, December 23, 2012 7:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Elly,

can you clarify what you are using as "the translater"? Is it your Windows Phone 7 Bing Translator app? Or another application on Windows 7? If so, how is it called?

Thanks for helping to narrow down the problem.

Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

Thursday, December 20, 2012 5:07 AM
  • Hello Chris,

it's the translator app button on the bingbar on our notebook. The app is on the right site of the bar next to the news, messenger etc. Hope you have a sollution because we use it quite often. Thanks, Elly. 

Thursday, December 20, 2012 11:07 AM
  • Hi Elly,

I don't see a problem with the Bing Bar Translator button. But it may very well have a problem with certain site or pages. Can you share what site or page you had trouble viewing, and if it works for other sites, say www.microsoft.com?

Thanks,
    Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

Thursday, December 20, 2012 6:32 PM
  • Hi Chris,

non of them unfortunately. I am using microsoft as I am writing this mail. I press the button, I see the text "deze website vertalen" (translate this website) and then nothing. No menu with the available languages and no reaction.

The strage thing is that some days ago we had an update from microsoft and I have the feeling that the problem is since then.

Greetings, Elly.

Friday, December 21, 2012 9:57 AM
  • Hi Elly,

thanks for the detail. I am clueless at this point, but will see what I can find out.

Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

Friday, December 21, 2012 5:22 PM
  • Thanks Chris, I hope you find something. Please informe me even if you can't find the reason. I think I have to contact Microsoft then.

Elly.

Friday, December 21, 2012 6:19 PM
  • Hello Chris,

I just tried something. I removed the bing bar from my computer and I downloaded the latest versionn(which seems to be the same). After that I could add the ap for translation and it works just fine.

Thanks for your time with kind regards, Elly.

Sunday, December 23, 2012 7:22 PM
  • Hi Elly,

thanks so much for letting us know. I still don't know how it happened, but I am glad a reinstall fixed the problem.

Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

Sunday, December 23, 2012 9:47 PM