CRM Record not getting Updated RRS feed

• Question

• To give first an Overview.

I have a custom entity New_Counter which I use to maintain integer counters for various region to generate quote ID.

I have one WCF Service where I have used fetch XML to retrieve record and then update the counter.

The problem occurs when we getting same counter for various quote generated.

Then we try to update the field in Counter Entity from CRM UI, record was not updated and had given no error.

Then we had run update query directly in SQL Server, again record had not updated and not given error, in fact says SQL says "row updated".

Then we had done IIS reset , then everything works fine and we are able to updated a record.

But this error is intermittent.

Please advice.

Thanks.

Regards,

vipin.jaiswal@multichoice.co.za

vipinjaiswal12@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 10:27 AM

All replies

• you can use plugin for your work .

Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 11:29 AM
  • No plugin is not the answer I am expecting.

I need to know why I am unable to update a record even using direct update query in SQL Server.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 1:02 PM
  • Hello does any one have solution for it.

I am getting repeated numbers for the quote generated.

It only resolve when I restart app pool.

Please if any one have something to say about it.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 7:17 AM
  • Are you closing and disposing the connection with the sql after you do your job?

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful" Thank you, DT

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 7:27 AM
  • You should not make direct updates to SQL.  It is not supported.  You should only make updates through the UI or using approved SDK methods.

Regards, Donna

Sunday, February 9, 2014 7:04 PM