Sync Progressbar RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to build a better progress report than the one built in into the sync framework. I have alot of data that is beeing syncronized I need more then the four values as the sync framework provide.

I found this link.

http://www.syncguru.com/projects/SyncServicesDemoBatching.aspx

I Downloaded and tested the app. It work fine. In the code there is a Report function that prints whats going on to the user. Report takes a SyncProgressEventArgs as an argument and in the Report function there is a switch on the SyncStage in the SyncProgressEventArgs. The SyncStage is an enum and contains the values

SyncStage.UploadingChanges And SyncStage.DownloadingChanges and some more but I never get that. I only get SyncStage.GettingInserts, SyncStage.ApplyingInserts and so on.

Anyone know why I don´t get the UploadingChanges and DownloadingChanges from my syncProgress?

/Christer

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 6:41 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, May 28, 2008 1:07 PM

Answers

• On the SyncAgent class, there is a EventSessionProgress event that you can hook up to that also contains SyncStage information that gives more session level information, such as UploadingChanges and DownloadingChanges.

Hope this helps-

Thursday, August 7, 2008 5:47 PM

All replies

• Christer,

Can you provide the following detail:

1. Which version of Sync Services for ADO.NET are you using?  V1 shipped with Visual Studio 2008.  V2 ships with the Microsoft Sync Framework and is currently a CTP.  Easy way to tell would be to look at the version of the Microsoft.Synchronization.Data assembly that is referenced in your project.
    2. Which provider are you using to sync your changes:
      • DbServerSyncProvider and SQLCeClientSyncProvider
      • DbPeerSyncProvider

Sean Kelley

Program Manager

Data Replication and Synchronization

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 3:37 PM
  • My Microsoft.Synchronization.Data assembly is version 1.0.0.0

I am using DbServerSyncProvider and SQLCeClientSyncProvider

/Christer

Thursday, May 29, 2008 10:58 AM
  •  

I Have the Same Issue

I Use a LocalProvider SqlCeClientProvider

I Use a DbServerProvider : SqlProvider

My LocalProvider fire correctly event ChangesSelected (and i have many Changes selected) but i never go in SyncStage.UploadingChanges during synchronization progress event.

Let me know if you have found any solution Smile

Thx !

Thursday, August 7, 2008 1:12 PM
  • On the SyncAgent class, there is a EventSessionProgress event that you can hook up to that also contains SyncStage information that gives more session level information, such as UploadingChanges and DownloadingChanges.

Hope this helps-

Thursday, August 7, 2008 5:47 PM