course 6416c lab installation instructions RRS feed

• Question

• hi,
    taking course 6416c, but i can't find the labs installation instruction. usually these are found at the beginning of every book. for 6416c microsoft published different format. i can't seem to find it any where not in the book, not on the cd and not on the internet.
    does anyone know where can i find it?

this course labs are created on Hyper-V.

Thank's:

Saturday, August 14, 2010 7:06 AM

Answers

• There should be a Companion CD comes with the book. You will find the info in that CD. 

Additional Information on the Companion CD:

Course Companion CD - The CD provides the full course content with:

• Lessons: Include detailed information for each topic in addition to the content in the Course Handbook.
    • Labs: Include complete lab exercise information and answer keys to use during lab time
    • Resources: All resources are sorted and categorized into five sections: Microsoft Learning, TechNet and MSDN content, Knowledge Base, Books, Communities, and Tools, Reviews and Takeaways Review Questions and Answers.
    • Student Course Files: Include the Allfiles.exe, a self-extracting executable file that contains the files required for the labs/demonstrations or performing the lab exercises outside the class.

Hope this is helpful.

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    If your question was truly answered, please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. Thank you in advance.
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, September 16, 2010 2:41 PM
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 4:34 AM
  • If you are referring to the instructions for setting up the Virtual Machines for the labs, these are in the file 6416C-ENU_SetupGuide.pdf. This file is available to MCTs or CPLSs at the courseware download center. It is not available to students, who should not be given a copy of the virtual machines. These VMs are only licensed for use at the training centers, but the students are not allowed to keep or install their own personal copy. This is a good reason why the student materials do not provide instructions for setting up those VMs. The labs themselves are already set up inside the VMs.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:18 PM

All replies

• There should be a Companion CD comes with the book. You will find the info in that CD. 

Additional Information on the Companion CD:

Course Companion CD - The CD provides the full course content with:

• Lessons: Include detailed information for each topic in addition to the content in the Course Handbook.
    • Labs: Include complete lab exercise information and answer keys to use during lab time
    • Resources: All resources are sorted and categorized into five sections: Microsoft Learning, TechNet and MSDN content, Knowledge Base, Books, Communities, and Tools, Reviews and Takeaways Review Questions and Answers.
    • Student Course Files: Include the Allfiles.exe, a self-extracting executable file that contains the files required for the labs/demonstrations or performing the lab exercises outside the class.

Hope this is helpful.

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    If your question was truly answered, please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. Thank you in advance.
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 4:34 AM
  • Hi Rubel,

thanks for your replay.

i mantiond in my post that the instructions are not on the Companion CD.

i'm talking about instructions for the lab's configuration, not the lab answers.

if anyone have an idea that would be really helpful.

thanks.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:08 PM
  • If you are referring to the instructions for setting up the Virtual Machines for the labs, these are in the file 6416C-ENU_SetupGuide.pdf. This file is available to MCTs or CPLSs at the courseware download center. It is not available to students, who should not be given a copy of the virtual machines. These VMs are only licensed for use at the training centers, but the students are not allowed to keep or install their own personal copy. This is a good reason why the student materials do not provide instructions for setting up those VMs. The labs themselves are already set up inside the VMs.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:18 PM
  • yap that's what i meant, anyway i asked since in previous books (5115B, 5047B and some more) this instructions where published in students material.

i do not understand what's the problem with the licensing since microsoft provide a free trial for this products for at least 6 month.

again, thanks for your respond:))

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 6:22 PM