OneCare Renew Notification RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have two computers at home that are online pretty much 24x7.  Every now and then I get a prompt asking me (I don't have the exact msg) to renew my computer.  I go to Family Circle in OneCare and click on the Renew button..then enter my password.  Every is fine afterwords until 30 days or so when I get prompt'd for the same thing.  I don't see why I am getting these notifications.  My OneCare subscription was renew several months ago..so I'm good on that front.  Is there a way to turn this notification off and have the software resolve the issue itself?   Thanks

Thursday, January 17, 2008 7:14 PM

All replies

• We have 15 installs of WLOC (5 licenses x 3 uses/license - this computer is v.2.0.2500.14, I believe all are the same v. and all installed on the same date)   -- We received the online startup notice of expired subscription on various computers -- We responded and renewed on one computer but that computer (and the other 2 computers under the same license) continually notifies that it still is expired -- One other computer (installed same date but different license) has not indicated needing renewal -- On the other computers that indicate expired subscription, when we connect to the Billing and Account Management, using that particular computer, WLOC is listed as enabled and renewed until 4th January 2009 also (?).

Email via Customer Support (service request #1054922292) advised our account was renewed on 4th January 2008, next renewal date is 4th January 2009 -- they recommended we contact the Technical Support team by phone  -- We haven't been able to afford the time to check Tech. Suppt. yet, but we are becoming nervous about the red icon in the systems tray indicating a system AT RISK! --

Any assistance would be appreciated helping us to get everything back to operating nominally again.

Thank you.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 10:21 PM
  • Not sure this exasperates it or not, but I tend to see these notifications when I switch between different user accounts (for each family member) setup on all home PCs.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 11:46 PM
  •  John Cz wrote:

Not sure this exasperates it or not, but I tend to see these notifications when I switch between different user accounts (for each family member) setup on all home PCs.

That's interesting information, John, thanks for reporting it.

-steve

Friday, January 18, 2008 2:14 AM
  • I've sent an email to the OneCare team as I'm starting to see too many reports of this. Please do contact support, though, as soon as you can. (I removed the number as support by phone is valid only for paid subscribers)

-steve

Friday, January 18, 2008 2:18 AM
  • what was that ph no for tech support?  i am a paid subscriber. i think.  it says i renew in july or june

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 7:19 AM
  •  andrea569145 wrote:
    what was that ph no for tech support?  i am a paid subscriber. i think.  it says i renew in july or june

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve
    Tuesday, April 1, 2008 6:46 PM