Restore/Roll-back RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to restore or roll back to a previous version of a mesh folder? I restored my computer to a previous state, this resulted in mesh syncing up the old version :(

-P-
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 5:59 PM

Answers

• petteras said:

Hi,

Is it possible to restore or roll back to a previous version of a mesh folder? I restored my computer to a previous state, this resulted in mesh syncing up the old version :(

-P-

Hi,

Outside of some unusual situations, or a manual roll back from a non-synced/not-up-to-date folder, Live Mesh does not have any type of versioning to allow for restoration of older files/folders.  This is, however, a popular feature request: feel free to vote for it here.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, March 2, 2009 6:23 PM

All replies

• You could try the following location:

Vista: \Users\<USER NAME HERE>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Live Mesh\GacBase\HoldingArea. 

XP: similar except you need to look at \Documents and Settings\<USER NAME HERE>\Local

and figure it out. I think it is in a subfolder and then "Microsoft" etc.

I would expect that you would want to look in that folder on the device mesh synced from, rather than the computer you restored on.  Hope this helps.
    Monday, March 2, 2009 2:33 AM
  • petteras said:

Hi,

-P-

Hi,

Outside of some unusual situations, or a manual roll back from a non-synced/not-up-to-date folder, Live Mesh does not have any type of versioning to allow for restoration of older files/folders.  This is, however, a popular feature request: feel free to vote for it here.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, March 2, 2009 6:23 PM