none
Trying to create a VM using reserved IP but getting error "Must specify MediaLocation or set a current storage account using Set-AzureSubscription"

Question

• I have created a reserved Ip and wanted to create a VM using the reserved IP. I had also created  aimage of existing Vm to create the new VM and I have used command on Windows Powershell as mentioned below.

New-AzureVMConfig -Name "Amazon-10eBay-1" -InstanceSizeSmall” -ImageName “Amazon-10-Image” | Add-AzureProvisioningConfig -Windows -AdminUsername “Akash” -Password “Stoneindia11” | New-AzureVM -ServiceName "Amazon-10eBay-1" -ReservedIPName "ResIPamazon10eBay1" -Location "West US"

But its showing error "Must specify MediaLocation or set a current storage account using Set-AzureSubscription".

I have been trying to create this Vm from many days but not able to create one. Please help

• Moved by Shu 2017 Thursday, March 26, 2015 5:56 AM from C++ forum
    Monday, March 23, 2015 8:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• I have created a reserved Ip and wanted to create a VM using the reserved IP. I had also created  aimage of existing Vm to create the new VM and I have used command on Windows Powershell as mentioned below

I have been trying to create this Vm from many days but not able to create one. Please help

This is a Visual C++ forum.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP

Monday, March 23, 2015 9:29 PM
  • Hello,

Microsoft Azure forums are over here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/azure/en-US/home

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, March 26, 2015 7:46 PM