Can I buy online Windows Home server installation? RRS feed

• Question

• Where can I purchase licensed version of Windows Home Server?

Sunday, November 7, 2010 1:29 PM

Answers

• You can buy a system builder package from many e-tailers, including Amazon.com and NewEgg. You can't, however, buy a downloadable version online.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, November 7, 2010 4:10 PM
  • Why Not? Are we stuck gfor ever with WHS original, and have to buy a new hardware to get a new version?

What is Microsoft trying to achive with no upgrade path?

I think you misunderstand. You can buy an OEM WHS2011 Installation DVD - around US$50. There is not a download version.

You can not upgrade a WHS1 installation as that's a 32-bit OS and WHS 2011 is 64-bit, so it's a fresh installation.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 11:06 PM

All replies

• You can buy a system builder package from many e-tailers, including Amazon.com and NewEgg. You can't, however, buy a downloadable version online.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, November 7, 2010 4:10 PM
  • Why Not? Are we stuck gfor ever with WHS original, and have to buy a new hardware to get a new version?

Sunday, November 13, 2011 10:06 PM

I think you misunderstand. You can buy an OEM WHS2011 Installation DVD - around US$50. There is not a download version.

You can not upgrade a WHS1 installation as that's a 32-bit OS and WHS 2011 is 64-bit, so it's a fresh installation.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 11:06 PM