Unable to install onecare from xp to Vista computer RRS feed

• Question

• have worked for hours trying to install one care on a Vista machine. have a paid subscription on an XP machine and have moved that to this Vista machine. Windows live does not recognize the subscription product code. I have gotten numerous errors; have uninstalled onecare.  cleaned out the registry; ran cleanup; done most of the things suggested by support.  help!  why won't it recognze the subscription product code. I retrieved it from the Help and About  OneCare on the XP machine, so I know it is correct. The new Vista is a 64 bit HP machine. The XP machine is about a 6 year old Dell machine.
    Saturday, April 11, 2009 2:03 AM

Answers

• The product key is used for the original activation of your subscription and thereafter linked to your Live ID so you cannot re-enter the product key. To install One Care download the trial - http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/install/install.htm  To activate, open One Care, select "Subscribe" and when asked for a Live ID enter the Live ID and password associated with your subscription and One Care will activate.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Saturday, April 11, 2009 4:00 AM