Microsoft Money Alternative in Canada RRS feed

• Question

• What are my software options to upgrade from Micorosft Money 2005 in Canada?
    Thursday, March 17, 2016 2:50 AM

All replies

• You could try Money Plus Sunset -- maybe on a different computer just in case.
    Thursday, March 17, 2016 3:29 AM
  • If your MS Money 2005 is the Canadian (or US) version, follow Cal Lerner's suggestion below.  If it's the UK, French or International English version, you've gone as far as you can go as your data file will not work with Money Plus Sunset.

• Edited by bobjbkln Thursday, March 17, 2016 3:46 AM
    Thursday, March 17, 2016 3:44 AM
  • There are numerous 'alternative' programmes out there as a search will reveal. Some can import your MSMoney data in one way or another. By all means have a look around and experiment (many have free or trial versions) as I have, but I have yet to find anything with the ease of use and range of abilities of MSMoney.

Dr AS

Thursday, March 17, 2016 9:15 AM
  • If anyone finds an alternative that supports frequent flyer programs/rewards (Air Miles, Aeroplan, etc.), please let me know.

Thanks,
    Shane,

Microsoft Money 2006 Standard Edition
    Canadian Edition
    version 15.0.80.513

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit

• Edited by cShane Friday, March 18, 2016 7:02 AM clarification
    Friday, March 18, 2016 6:44 AM
  • If anyone finds an alternative that supports frequent flyer programs/rewards (Air Miles, Aeroplan, etc.), please let me know.

What would you like to do with airline points? 

You can create a cash account in some unused currency.  Add points as other income.  Buy tickets and pay with points.  Specify a conversion rate for the currency that lets the reports make sense to you.  Exclude the account from budgeting, taxes, etc.

Friday, March 18, 2016 12:11 PM
  • What would you like to do with airline points? 

Money 2006 Canadian Edition allows me to track and manage frequent flyer miles (points). I can link them to a credit card they're associated with, and see what my balance should be.

Rewards programs are good at giving you your base points, but sometimes you have to remind them about bonus points.

Shane.

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit

Saturday, March 19, 2016 12:23 AM