WHS - folder called shares became invisable RRS feed

• Question

• After a complete reinstallation of WHS the folder called shares became invisable.
    The folder is visable after change the setting by folder options to visable system files.

My question: Is dit normal?
    Before the folder was always visable.

Thursday, January 14, 2010 2:09 PM

Answers

• After a complete reinstallation of WHS the folder called shares became invisable.
    The folder is visable after change the setting by folder options to visable system files.

If you mean D:\shares (when you logon to the server desktop), no it should not be invisible.  However, since logging into the server desktop is unsupported anyway, I wouldn't worry about it unless you are having problems with your network shares from a client.
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 1:39 AM

All replies

If you mean D:\shares (when you logon to the server desktop), no it should not be invisible.  However, since logging into the server desktop is unsupported anyway, I wouldn't worry about it unless you are having problems with your network shares from a client.
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 1:39 AM

• Hi Karya21,

Thanks for your answer.
    I mean D:\shares.
    This folder is only visable at the server desktop after setting the "hide system folders" to enable.
    The Windows Home Server is working fine, but this seems to like a little bit strange.

Tim
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 11:36 AM