2013 SP1 RU3: Track Email: A record with these values already exists RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, one of our customers user gets this reproducible error when tracking a certain e-mail.

A record with these values already exists. A duplicate record cannot be created. Select one or more unique values and try again.

On server trace I see:

Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_EmailBase'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.EmailBase'. The duplicate key value is (f9760ab7-eb5d-e511-80c8-00155d073f5a). This is an Activity GUID.

Turns out that the same user already tracked this email, but the Outlook Client does not seem to be aware of this fact.

Solution seems to be to ignore the error or find the tracked e-mail in CRM and delete it.

Anybody faced the same issue?

Thursday, September 24, 2015 7:58 AM

All replies

• Also removing the Outlook Client connection and connect it again, thus repopulating the Metadatacache sdf's did not fix the issue.
    Thursday, September 24, 2015 8:23 AM
  • We're experiencing the same issue with several users and several emails: the emails are already tracked in CRM, but the Outlook Client doesn't mark the email as tracked. repopulating the metadatacache doesn't work.

We are using CRM 2013 RU4.

Is there a solution for this?

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 9:56 AM
  • Yes, I've seen this issue on CRM 2013 SP1 UR2 and then again on UR4. The problem is related to the promotion process. When the CRM for Outlook client promotes the activity into a CRM record, it can run into issues. The problem is that the client does not communicate those problems. The part of the code that changes the icon from the envelope to the CRM tracked icon doesn't happen. As you said, the email record really does exist in CRM.

I have worked around the issue by forwarding an email to myself and then tracking that forwarded email. Obviously this isn't a long term solution or one that works well for any kind of bulk operation. However, it seems easier than finding it in the database and deleting it.

Eric Hula - CRM Administrator

Friday, August 12, 2016 2:11 PM