Fix it Tool - ran for louder sound, and now no sound at all RRS feed

• Question

• Users MedalsUsers MedalsUsers MedalsUsers MedalsUsers Medals
     I ran the fix it tool on my computer xp pro, which is used for a home business.  I have speakers on my monitor and they are part of the monitor, not just mounted on the monitor.  I could hear before I ran the tool and was hoping to hear things louder than the loudest setting provided me. I ran the tool and I can't hear anything at all now.  Very upset.

I ran the tool again to try and fix the no sound problem this time and it wont do anything because it says everything is fine.

How can I reverse whatever the fix it did to my computer sounds? I need to hear things for my business.

Thursday, June 9, 2011 10:24 AM

All replies

• Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in Microsoft Fix it tool. To help us further troubleshoot the problem, I'd need more information from you to better understand your case.

1. Can you please give me the exact display message (incl. title, and detailed text) when you encountered the issue?

2. Can you tell me the exact name(s) of the troubleshooter(s) you attempted to run when the issue was encountered?

3. Can the problem be reproduced at will? Does the problem persist after restarting Windows?

4. Which version and service pack of Windows? You can get at that information with these steps:

a. click on the Start button to get the Start menu.

b. right click on the "Computer" entry on the Start menu and select "Properties".

c. read off the Windows information from the window shown.

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks :)

Please Mark as Answered If this is helpful Or Un-Mark as Answered if it is not helpful.

Best Regards,
    Alex

Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:08 AM