Reports missing in CRM RRS feed

• Question

• So I have two instances of CRM on the same hardware (on-prem UR5), with the same connection to SSRS.  On one of them, all the default reports loaded just fine, and work fine.

On the other one, all the reports are missing.  As in, they never were installed somehow.  Further than that, but if I try to import Reports via a Solution, the Solution Import says it was successful, but when I go back to the Reports section of the CRM system, they're not there.  Further, when I open up the Reports solution, THE REPORTS ARE MISSING FROM THE SOLUTION.  This is after a report saying that the solution loaded successfully.

There is only one error I can find that matches the time of loading the Solution anywhere on the system, which I have attached below.

Version=1
    EventType=CRMScript
    EventTime=129744863113978481
    Consent=2
    UploadTime=129744863113978481
    ReportIdentifier=3b014bf1-5e37-11e1-9562-005056b46ede
    Response.type=4
    Sig[0].Name=Problem Signature 01
    Sig[0].Value=5.0.9688.1533
    Sig[1].Name=Problem Signature 02
    Sig[1].Value=//_common//global.ashx?ver=1429971074
    Sig[2].Name=Problem Signature 03
    Sig[2].Value=6
    Sig[3].Name=Problem Signature 04
    Sig[3].Value=unknown
    DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version
    DynamicSig[1].Value=6.1.7601.2.1.0.274.10
    DynamicSig[2].Name=Locale ID
    DynamicSig[2].Value=1033
    Sec[0].Key=LCID
    Sec[0].Value=1033
    Sec[1].Key=No2nd
    Sec[1].Value=2
    FriendlyEventName=CRMScript event.
    ConsentKey=CRMScript
    AppName=Microsoft CRM
    AppPath=C:\Windows\System32\DWWIN.EXE

Thing is, i'm not even sure that's related. 

Further, if I load RDLs directly, those load into the system just fine, and run just fine.  Does anyone have any idea why this one system won't load Reports from Solution, and not even throw an error about it?

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Consulting's positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 4:08 PM

Answers

• Hi Wayne,

I've seen this happening when you import and organisation via deployment manager that has the same name as a previous instance that was deleted -but the reporting services folder was not deleted. It seems that once this has happened, the only way to get things back to normal is to delete the org and reporting services folder and start again.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:22 PM
    Answerer
  • Ok, I found the rest of the solution here: http://blog.customereffective.com/blog/microsoft_crm_reporting/

This worked like a charm after cleaning up SSRS!

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Consulting's positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Marked as answer by Wayne Walton Wednesday, February 29, 2012 11:31 PM
    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 11:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Wayne,

I've seen this happening when you import and organisation via deployment manager that has the same name as a previous instance that was deleted -but the reporting services folder was not deleted. It seems that once this has happened, the only way to get things back to normal is to delete the org and reporting services folder and start again.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:22 PM
    Answerer
  • Cool, I'll give that a shot.  Too bad this is their production system.  Have to wait for scheduled maintenence to test.  :/

Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:51 PM
  • Ok, I was able to follow the process. We deleted the org, deleted the SSRS folder for the org, then I reimported the org and had that rebuild the SSRS folder.

Afterward, since the org obviously didn't have reports, I made a reports solution from a vanilla CRM with all reports, and pushed it as an unmanaged solution to the new org. 

No dice, the reports still aren't in the new instance. 

any other suggestions?

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 10:18 PM
  • Ok, I found the rest of the solution here: http://blog.customereffective.com/blog/microsoft_crm_reporting/

This worked like a charm after cleaning up SSRS!

• Marked as answer by Wayne Walton Wednesday, February 29, 2012 11:31 PM
    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 11:31 PM
  • Thanks for posting Wayne.

Scott Durow

Thursday, March 1, 2012 6:44 AM
    Answerer
  • Ok, so new wrinkle.  After making everything work in my copy of their production system, we went to deploy the fix in production tonight.  It failed when repairing SSRS. error message

That error happened once, and then afterward, SSRS repaired ok, but refused to republish reports, or even notify my that it would, like the solution above mentioned (and like it did for me in my environment).  I even uninstalled SSRS completely, and reinstalled it, with no dice.

Any more guidance would be great, because that error message didn't bring up anything even remotely useful.  :/

Friday, March 2, 2012 6:14 AM
  • On my environment, I don't have a folder named PFiles under Microsoft Dynamics CRM reporting Extensions, and the RegKEy for CRM_Server_InstallDir is 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM' 

Have you checked on your system? Does the InstallDir Registry key point to a valid location?

So you've completely removed SSRS, and the reporting services extensions, then re-installed both, and you get the same error message?

Scott Durow

Friday, March 2, 2012 8:13 AM
    Answerer