none
Auto-cad plugin using C# compatibility with Mac. RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on a Auto-cad plugin using VB 2015. And for making the plugin I am using C#. I am confuse that whether this plugin will work the same way on Mac too as it works on windows or i need to use different ObjectARX. I am using ObjectArx 2018 for windows. So please help me in finding the solution. If making plugin with C# is not compatible with windows and mac . Then may be i need to use C++ . 

So kindly suggest me the proper solution.

• Moved by Fei Hu Tuesday, February 13, 2018 1:44 AM From C#
    Monday, February 5, 2018 6:59 AM

All replies

• Hello Karan,

.Net framework doesn't have cross-platform features, and Microsoft introduced a new platform named .NET Core. which is cross-platform, supporting Windows, macOS and Linux and so on. Because the platform is lately released, available libraries are less than .Net standard framework. You could get started with .Net Core here.

If you have any issues with .Net core, the forum is a good place.

Best regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fei Hu Tuesday, February 13, 2018 1:44 AM
    Tuesday, February 6, 2018 8:58 AM