PP3 and restore CD RRS feed

• Question

• I am Running pp3 from windows update. Is there a new ver of the restore cd? will the restore (dual boot) cd from pp1 and pp2 work with pp3 and if not where can I get the latest ver of the restore cd?

Computers don't save time they just reallocate how we spend it.
    • Changed type kariya21Moderator Friday, December 25, 2009 2:01 AM technical question
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 6:17 PM

Answers

• I am Running pp3 from windows update. Is there a new ver of the restore cd? will the restore (dual boot) cd from pp1 and pp2 work with pp3 and if not where can I get the latest ver of the restore cd?

As Ken said, the current one should work.  However, there is a new Restore CD to download for PP3 (Build 2423).
    Friday, December 25, 2009 2:04 AM

All replies

• The current version of the restore CD will work with Power Pack 3; there's no updated version specifically for PP3...
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 6:23 PM
  • Thanks Ken you are a great help on this forum and I don't know what I'd do If you weren't here .
    I now have 13 WHS running only 2 of them are mine the other 11 are my clients machines
    Happy Holidays,
    Jimi

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 6:26 PM
  • For me it didn't work.  I posted a seperate thread on it, but after the server restore, it just doesn't upgrade to PP3. :(
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 7:37 PM
  • What didn't work? This thread was about the restore CD and it's compatibility with PP3.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 7:44 PM
  • Ahh.. that restore CD.  I was talking about the server restore.  I restored my server with the server restore CD that came with my EX475 and it won't see that I need PP3.  So, there doesn't appear to be a way to get PP3 on it.
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 7:49 PM

As Ken said, the current one should work.  However, there is a new Restore CD to download for PP3 (Build 2423).
    Friday, December 25, 2009 2:04 AM