Communication between OCS, Cisco and Polycom RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I have the floowing configuration:

• OCS 2007
    • Mediation Server
    • Cisco Call Manager 6.1
    • Polycom VSX-7000

Actually, we have some problems related with the outgoing call when I configure the user with Enterprise Voice and PBX Integration. The are not way to make a call and the MOC show the error "cannot connect to the phone system".

The other issue is that the VideoConference with the Polycom A/V only can make point to point and we need to make multi point conference.

Some have any experience in this configuration to gime some tips to help?

thanks in advance

Monday, February 9, 2009 8:19 PM

All replies

• How did you configure the integration with the Cisco Call Manager - via SIP trunking?

Best regards,
    Thomas
    Monday, February 9, 2009 9:25 PM
  • I only use the Mediation Server routing to the call manager.
    The Mediation Server has 2 NIC, one pointing to the internal network and another pointing to the Cisco's subnet.
    I'll put more information tomorrow early to clarify the environment
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 2:32 AM
  • In that configuration you should not check the box for PBX integration.  That is for Remote Call Control and requires Cisco Unified Presence Server.

Here's a walkthrough of connecting CCM to OCS via Direct SIP.  It's for version 7 but the steps are basically identical for 6.x.

http://www.evangelyze.net/cs/blogs/mike/archive/2008/11/06/cisco-call-manager-7-direct-sip-connectivity.aspx
    Mike Stacy | Evangelyze Communications | http://www.evangelyze.net/cs/blogs/mike
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 1:59 PM
  • This is the configuration:

OCS Server with Enterprise pool named pool01 with the following roles: Front-End; Web Conferencing; A/V Conferencing; Web Components. IP Addess: 192.168.1.21
    Mediation Server with 2 NIC; 192.168.1.68 and 172.16.12.
    Normalization rule
    Phone Pattern: ^\+?(\d*)$
    Translation Pattern: $1

Call Manager CISCO: IP:172.17.2.2

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 3:21 PM
  • Do you require CUPS for presence information?
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 10:30 PM