OFF TOPIC: Msn Messenger Help with password retrieval - Can anyone advise ? RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

Hi there,

My windows live msn messenger password has now expired after 72 days. I had it setup to automatically sign me in so i didnt have to enter my password all the time.

I followed the instructions which asked me to put in my original p/w followed by the new one. Unfortunately, for some reason the original p/w i entered is saying incorrect and after several attempts of trying, the system then froze. I understand this is a security precaution. I then chose one of the options offered to remember the p/w (thinking i may have entered wrong one) which was to put the country i am from and answer a secret question, this also has failed and i am now concerned as i desperately need to access this account.

I attempted this again after 24hrs but again the account says i have tried too many times. I do not understand why the passwords i have entered do not match my account or the answer to my secret question was not accepted.

Please can anyone advise me what is the next step as i have tried all the obvious options, even when signing in with auto p/w details...message says windows live ID is either not valid or does not exist which i can only assume is because acct is frozen!!

HELP REQUIRED PLEASE!

Thursday, May 31, 2007 10:58 AM

All replies

• Contact MSN and they'll be able to help you further. I don't have the e-mail address to hand but if you click 'Help' in Messenger, and select 'Help topics' , you should be able to find it there.
    Thursday, May 31, 2007 12:31 PM
  • http://account.live.com is where you should go to reset the password. There will also be a help link there if you cannot proceed.

-steve

Friday, June 1, 2007 12:28 AM