Live Mesh Mobile Feedback RRS feed

• General discussion

• I know no one is able to get in quite yet since the unveiling (see this thread for more info, don't discuss here please!) but I have some feedback based on what I've seen so far.  I guess this can be the unnoficial place for everyone else.

• Live Sign-in: If the user chooses to "sign in automatically", there seems to be no way to get that screen to show again, even in the event of an un-verifiable account.  So if the password was wrong (as I originally thought), you have to reinstall the app to get the sign in screen.  Workaround: Keep "Sign in Automatically" unchecked.
    • Pull data from Live Mobile apps.  Login data is already saved there if it is installed, can the login details (or at least give the option to display the stored account) to be used by Live Mesh?  Maybe that is being saved for the future integration into the Live Apps (destop and mobile). "After this year" I think what the Mesh blog said.
    Thursday, October 30, 2008 10:20 PM

All replies

• I installed the updated version on my tilt and was able to login. I am using ATT TILT WINMO 6.1 Standard ATT ROM.

1. Once logged in, the client mapped a folder (pictures) to \My Documents\Pictures even though "My Pictures" is mapped to a folder on the storage card, and, there is no way to modify the mapping.
    2. any additional folder launches PIE on the selected folder, using m.mesh.com, instead of allowing me to select the mapped folder
    3. there is no way to control default root, or, amount of storage to use
    4. default for sync should be manual, to prevent inadvert memory fill-up
    5. i would expect behavior like that of live mail sync, less of a period pull

chrz
    Friday, October 31, 2008 6:23 AM
  • Hi Gadi..
    1. You can unmap the pictures live folder and for the pictures on storage card, choose menu -> Add existing folder
    2. You can choose to map the folder to a local path by choosing menu -> Sync folder to device.
    (3) and (5) are not available in this release.
    Friday, October 31, 2008 7:04 AM
  • I will try the below and report.

One more thing I noticed - some of the folders are still links that when clicked open PIE - do they become links that open file manager when assigned a local folder?

thanks
    Friday, October 31, 2008 7:17 AM
  • I have also found that mapping  creates duplicate folders in LM desktop - when i mapped a "my pictures" folder on the device, and already had one with this name on the LM desktop, a second with the same name was created.

another issue i saw - the duplicate names are created on the device as well.

last thing - similar impacts on the desktop (computer).

chrz
    Friday, October 31, 2008 3:09 PM