Confusion in Exam 70-536 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello ,

I heard news that Microsoft has changed name for Exam Application Developement Foundation .NET framework 2.0 to Application Developement Foundation .NET framework.. which will be generic exam for all .NET Frameworks..

so my question is that, is it possible that microsoft has changed all question and its pattern in this new Exam?? 

Can You Please Help??

Friday, March 6, 2009 1:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,
     Looking at http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-536.aspx there do not seem to be any addition for 3.5 Framework.  3.5 Framework is an addition to 2.0 so seems fair enough that the foundation material does not include any 3.5.

I would still get hold of the latest MCTS Training Kit (version 2 ) if that is route you intend to go.
    Just checked the contents of that book and it only briefly mentions 3.5 Framework in the chapter on Configuring applications.

Good Luck

Geoff

MCPD * 5, MCITP * 2, MCTS **
    • Proposed as answer by Geoff Clark MCM Saturday, March 7, 2009 4:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ken Rosen_MS Saturday, April 11, 2009 7:28 PM
    Saturday, March 7, 2009 4:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    Exam 70-536 was introduced to be the foundation exam for the .NET 2.0 certifications. When Visual Studio 2008 and the .NET framework version 3.0 was introduced, instead of introducing a new foundation exam the decision was made to continue using exam 70-536. You should assume that questions have been added to the exam to reflect the new features introduced as part of version 3.5 of the framework.

To be honest I don't pay too much attention to the names of the exams as they do change. 
    For your information, I have been telling my students to consider using the following book as part of their preparation for the exam:
    MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-536): Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Foundation

This book does a very good job of covering the breadth of topics in the 2.0 version of the exam.  I then have them take a look at the objectives and find other books and sources for information about exam objectives specific to version 3.5 of the framework (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-536.aspx).

Good luck!

Mike Corkery, MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCTS, etc.
    Friday, March 6, 2009 1:45 PM
  • Thanks For Replying..

I actually wanted to ask that as Microsoft has done this 70-536 Exam for all Frameworks, so will they add Questions on .NET Framework 3.5 also? I mean this will be complete new exam or what? Complete New Way? 
    Friday, March 6, 2009 4:05 PM
  • Hi,
    The exam number remains the same and the questions relating to the 2.0 version of the exam will still remain in the pool of available questions.  I cannot say definitively (I took the exam when it first came out) but you will almost surely see extra questions added to the pool of available questions that test knowledge of the 3.5 features.
    Mike
    Friday, March 6, 2009 7:04 PM
  • Hi,
     Looking at http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-536.aspx there do not seem to be any addition for 3.5 Framework.  3.5 Framework is an addition to 2.0 so seems fair enough that the foundation material does not include any 3.5.

I would still get hold of the latest MCTS Training Kit (version 2 ) if that is route you intend to go.
    Just checked the contents of that book and it only briefly mentions 3.5 Framework in the chapter on Configuring applications.

Good Luck

Geoff

MCPD * 5, MCITP * 2, MCTS **
    • Proposed as answer by Geoff Clark MCM Saturday, March 7, 2009 4:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ken Rosen_MS Saturday, April 11, 2009 7:28 PM
    Saturday, March 7, 2009 4:01 AM