home server autentification problem ! RRS feed

• Question

• hi everyones

first of all sorry for my englosh i no its not perfect 

second here is my question i juste install windows home server connect one all my computer to acces shared folders from them but i have a little problem with one of them i cannot acces shared folder because windows dont ask me for login information so all i have is that

http://img.sebbbbb.com/1266875603.png

i tried to reinstall the software but dosent work i run win7 on all my computer

thanks a lot

seb
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:03 PM

All replies

• hi everyones

first of all sorry for my englosh i no its not perfect 

second here is my question i juste install windows home server connect one all my computer to acces shared folders from them but i have a little problem with one of them i cannot acces shared folder because windows dont ask me for login information so all i have is that

http://img.sebbbbb.com/1266875603.png

i tried to reinstall the software but dosent work i run win7 on all my computer

thanks a lot

seb
    French (at least I'm guessing French anyway) isn't my strong suit, but I'm guessing your error message translates to "Access is Denied".  If so, you should check the FAQ post:  How to fix share access issues where user name and password are requested and see if it helps.
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 11:47 PM
  • Thanks for your info but its not working for me ...

And yes in french haha
    Friday, February 26, 2010 12:03 AM
  • Thanks for your info but its not working for me ...

And yes in french haha
    First, did you try rebooting that client?  Second, can you open any share from that client?  Does it work if you enable the Guest account on the server (and reboot the client after enabling the Guest account on the server)?  Do you happen to have any credentials stored in Credential Manager?
    Friday, February 26, 2010 12:26 AM
  • yess i reboot the client yer its for every folders and yes if i enable guest to acces a folder its working !
    Friday, February 26, 2010 12:42 AM
  • yess i reboot the client yer its for every folders and yes if i enable guest to acces a folder its working !
    Did you check Credential Manager to make sure you don't have any previously stored credentials on that client?
    Friday, February 26, 2010 1:56 AM