Is Zentity working properly? please help. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, well I have been trying to install zentity, and  I have run into a few problems, most of which i have been able to solve, however I am still not able to see the collection (USPresident sample) outside the pivot viewer.

I can see the resources via the OData Viewer but they don't show any images, and the visual explorer can't find a match for any word.

I kwow there's something I'm missing, but I'm totally lost i hope some one could point in the right direction to fix this.

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 11:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Please check on the following points to resolve your issue.

1)    Check that Zentity services are running.

2)    You have sufficient rights to database.

Zentity does not load data at the time of installation. You need to add resources under Zentity. US president demo already has the RDF file and schema defined. Please follow the steps given in Getting Started guide to add the US president as a resource to Zentity.

You can also add resource to Zentity by running the % Zentity Installation folder%\ \Samples\ZentityDataImport\ZentityDataImport\bin\Release.

Please let me know if you have any further query.

Regards,
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 12:23 PM
  • Thank you for answering my question, I'm going to try and I'll let you know if things turn out ok
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 4:30 PM
  • Hey, I think I got everything up and running but I'm still struggling with the content creation for zentity, I was trying to use the presidents sample, using Visual studio 2008 to compile the code and go from there to make my own content uploader, but it is kicking my behind, if you dont mind me asking another question,  what do I need for the "PresidentDataImport.csproj" to compile properly? and, are there simpler ways for importing my own content and create collections in zentity?

Anyway thank you for your time, I hope anyone can help me.

Friday, August 26, 2011 3:16 PM
  • Hi,

Can you tell me what error message you are getting while compiling PresidentDataImport.csproj. Are you following the steps suggested in Getting started file(Page 43 onwards).

Please let me know on the error message, in case you are correctly following all the steps.

Regards,

Monday, August 29, 2011 2:21 PM