none
Computer keeps freezing randomly, won't let me reinstall windows RRS feed

• Question

• My computer keeps freezing randomly, sometimes really quickly after booting, sometimes it takes a while for it to freeze. However, when I try to do a fresh start and delete everything then reinstall windows, it freezes in the resetting screen.

I have tried doing this process with each ram stick individually, all my drivers are updated, windows is updated, i haven't plugged in my second monitor just in case that caused the problem.

Nothing is working and it keeps freezing. This problem started happening once I switched rooms, i am using two extensions in order to power the computer on, long cables. I wonder if this is causing any problems, i don't think so.

If anyone has a suggestion, something I can try, please let me know. Thank you.

Tuesday, January 1, 2019 5:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Memo Acebo.

After the next freeze, open the Windows Event Viewer and look in the "Application" and "System" logs for any event that could be related to those freezings and that could provide you with more detailed information about the reason of those problems.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Tuesday, January 1, 2019 5:47 PM
  • This forum is for questions and discussions about the TechNet Wiki. I would ask for help here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Tuesday, January 1, 2019 5:54 PM
  • Sounds like issues with the hardware. I'd also ask the pc manufacturer for help or in their support forums.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, January 1, 2019 6:14 PM