Cannot sign in to Communicator RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello I have installed Office Communicator Standard Edition.  It as taken me some time to get he Cert to work so the Clients would connect.  The system is completely on a single domain.  I have to add the cert on the clients so I can connect to the server.  But the logins are not what they should be.  After configuring the users In AD I used standard email for login which is  gabriel@pellaboston.com.    But I get an error of  

---------------------------
    Microsoft Office Communicator 2007
    Cannot sign in to Communicator because this sign-in address was not found. Please verify the sign-in address and try again. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.
    OK  

But if I go to MOSC Server The users Are all enabled with SIP :URI Looking like gabriel@pellaboston.com
    if I edit the properties I get
    The Domain that this user was assigned to is no longer valid. Please select a new one.

Now I can change it to boston.local witch is the name of my domain
    And login using gabriel@boston.local as a login
    I want it to log in using the  users valid email.  
    I followed the install to the T did I miss something.  

I am also getting an

Microsoft Office Communicator 2007
    Cannot synchronize with the corporate address book. This may be because the proxy server setting in your web browser does not allow access to the address book. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.
    OK  
    could this be linked?
    Tuesday, February 12, 2008 9:32 PM

Answers

• Have you added pellaboston.com to the list of domains within OCS?  This list is located on the General tab of the Global Properties of the Forest node in the OCS MMC.  It can also be specified during setup.  You will also need to make sure you added all of the required DNS records for OCS in that DNS zone.

Your second problem does not sound related.  Are there any firewalls between your client and the OCS front end server?  Are you using an access edge server?

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 4:29 PM

All replies

• Have you added pellaboston.com to the list of domains within OCS?  This list is located on the General tab of the Global Properties of the Forest node in the OCS MMC.  It can also be specified during setup.  You will also need to make sure you added all of the required DNS records for OCS in that DNS zone.

Your second problem does not sound related.  Are there any firewalls between your client and the OCS front end server?  Are you using an access edge server?

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 4:29 PM
  • Thanks that did the trick.. didnt think it would be that simple.   I added that domain now I can log in using there pellaboston.com email Thanks-    I will start a new tread for the Address Book issue

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 9:29 PM
  • Hey thanks dude... it worked for me... thanks alot.....
    • Proposed as answer by mahesh3211 Wednesday, December 31, 2008 8:40 AM
    Wednesday, December 31, 2008 8:40 AM
  • I have a similar puzzle with you. a sud-domain user cannot sign in to OCS, using parent domain email and ocs service. for example, child.lab.com user child\john has mail address john@lab.com and SIP address john@lab.com, but he can not sign in to OCS build in lab.com, the error message just like Marequee Philip met. I have add sip domain into OCS global settings and dns, SRV records in DNS server. Any idea who could give me a hand.

thanks

Halbu
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009 10:29 AM
  • Make sure that the SRV record you created for lab.com points to an A record for <server>.lab.com which then points to the IP address of your Front-End or Director.  If you have the lab.com SRV record pointing to an existing A record for <server>.child.com or some other domain namespace then Automatic Configuration will not work.  The SRV has to point to an A record in the same domain name space.  Basically SRV and A records must be deployed in pairs for each SIP domain in OCS.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009 5:32 PM