Singapore credit card not accepted for subscription? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I'm from Singapore, I wish to subscribe to Live OneCare

However, at the credit card details page, I was unable to select my country in the billing address section.

The 90 days trial is ending this april.

The FAQ lists Singapore as one of the countries supported by OneCare.

Friday, March 21, 2008 6:56 AM

Answers

• In Internet Explorer, be sure that the default language set in Tools/Internet Options/Languages is English - Singapore.

Repeat the activation process and you should be presented with the correct billing contact form for your location.

You may need to delete the Temporary Internet Files and Cookies first, but that's optional for now.

-steve

Friday, March 21, 2008 1:28 PM

All replies

• In Internet Explorer, be sure that the default language set in Tools/Internet Options/Languages is English - Singapore.

Repeat the activation process and you should be presented with the correct billing contact form for your location.

You may need to delete the Temporary Internet Files and Cookies first, but that's optional for now.

-steve

Friday, March 21, 2008 1:28 PM
  •  

Thanks for the reminder

Sometimes websites just act way too smart

Friday, March 21, 2008 1:51 PM
  • Yes, the web based activation does try to be too smart. Smile The theory is that this language check will prevent purchase and activation by people in a country where OneCare is not officially sold and supported.

-steve

Friday, March 21, 2008 3:15 PM