none
Microsoft Word 2010 Certification Exam questions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm interested in taking the Word 2007 or Word 2010 certification tests and I have a ton of questions about it. 

First off, the center I contacted charges a 30 dollar proctoring fee....is this typical?  Are there cheaper places?

Second, is the exam the same every time?  Certiport charges $98 US for a voucher, the "free re-test voucher" is $19 US and I"m not sure if its worth it.  It all seems like a borderline scam although the test and certification are obviously worthwhile.  I just think the test proctors are trying to rip me off. 

Also, what is the format of the exam?  I took the GRE, which is also a computer based test, and did worse than expected because I was not used to the format and had to adjust on the fly.  Can I lose points for clicking on the wrong areas?  how is it graded?  how long is it?  There is very little of this information available.  What is pass rate (percentage wise) for first time students taking the test?

Any help with these vexing questions is greatly appreciated. 

-Ody

Friday, April 8, 2011 11:48 PM

Answers

• Hi, I haven't taken the Word 2007 or Word 2010 exam yet but I have taken excel 2007 but failed which I will retake and pass it soon. I came across 17 questions that need to be answered in 50 minutes. Time is some what shorter than other exam providers like Prometric which I used to give an extra 30 minutes as my mother tongue is not English (Tamil indeed). In the exam you will be provided a real microsoft office with help disabled. I do not know much about the exam fee. I paid more than that when I was in Singapore (I paid Singapore dollars 160 + 7.5GST  non refundable) . I am back in Sri Lanka (where I am from). I heard previously that it would cost around US$50 although I didn't get exam voucher to do the exam here in Sri lanka.  Microsoft Exam conducted by Ceriport if not there is an exam from prometric that you can do it for openoffice but the ground reality is that not every one uses OpenOffice which is less famous than Microsoft Office in Sri Lanka. 

I don't know anything about GRE. Unlike prometric exam worst part of the exam is that you can always go forward and I do not find a way to come as I used to do for Prometric exam. But fortunately it starts with medimum level of difficulty questions to difficult ones. Best of luck. Anyway I plan to retake the exam and share more when I succeed. 

Umapathy (உமாபதி) MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician, Consumer Support Technician MCTS: Windows Vista - Configuration, BSc, MCP, A+, MCDST
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 11:32 AM