Polycom MGC

Question

• We have LCS2005 working with a Polycom MCU unit (MGC-25), but we can't make it work with OCS2007.

It connects but after a few seconds the video is disconnected. The error message on the MCU is "Video stream violation due to line rate discrepancy. conference line rate 105 Kbps , Endpoint line rate 2215 Kbps"

I have set the 128kbps limit on the OC2007 like in the OC2005 but it seems it is trying to use more than that.

We need this integration to be able to connect to h323, ISDN and 3G endpoints. Because as far as I know the internal MCU is only for OC clients.

The ideal scenario would be to use the internal MCU for OC clients and invoke the external one when needed.

Have anyone tried to use an external MCU (Polycom, Radvision, Tandberg, etc) and succeeded?

Thanks.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 9:07 PM

Answers

• Please check with Polycom to see what integration options are available.  Current integration states LCS only at this point however I think OCS integration is in the works.
    Monday, April 30, 2007 3:27 PM

All replies

• Am I the only one trying to use an external audio/video MCU?
    Wednesday, April 25, 2007 6:56 PM
  • Please check with Polycom to see what integration options are available.  Current integration states LCS only at this point however I think OCS integration is in the works.
    Monday, April 30, 2007 3:27 PM
  • Thanks.

Polycom have not released any info about this.

Are there any kind of integration with any other vendor?

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 1:06 PM
  • Hi,

On the external MCU, Polycom informs that they are waiting for OCS to be released but I know at the moment they are working on the integration part of it.

Codian has some solution which I will be testing in a week or so. I will let you know the results.

on the endpoints, Tandberg had an software upgrade where TLS can be used for SIP communication, had luck with making the call from and to the endpoints but still have some gray areas on presence part. No info on the Polycom endpoints yet !

My 2 cents

Doga

Friday, July 20, 2007 6:13 AM
  • Thanks, I'm glad to see that someone else is trying to integrate OCS 2007 with VC equipment

Please let me know the result of your test with Codian.

Good luck

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 8:28 PM
  • We are also trying to integrate a variety of "external" MCUs with our Microsoft messaging infrastructure.  Currently, we have LCS 2005 deployed, and a Polycom MGC 100.  However, we have not yet gotten LCS integration to work.  We are on the process of evaluating a Polycom RMX 2000 and also a Codian MCU 4220.

Polycom states that they have no support for LCS 2005 in the RMX line and don't plan to add it.  They say they are working on integration with OCS 2007 in the RMX line, but don't have a time-line for the release of that feature.

At Codian, they say they can integrate with both LCS and OCS now on the 4200 line of MCUs.  I'd be interested to know if anyone has seen that successfully implemented.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 5:53 PM
  • I have integrated LCS 2005 with all external MCU's and endpoints before, including the Polycom's MGC.

With OCS, I managed to entegrate CODIAN 4220 today and now I can see the MCU on my buddy list and make a video call to it. the problem is joining the conference room, could not manage to make the DTMF sound in order to login to the conference room. With old communicator, there is a keypad where we could use the DTMF sounds to proceed.

Regarding the endpoints, I have tested TANDBERG endpoint which can receive calls and make a call but presence info is not working correct. POLYCOM presence worked alright, calls both ways works but multisiteconference on OCS does not work at the moment.

my 2 cents

Doga

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 1:04 PM
  • I am new to OCS and setting up MCU's in general, can you point me in the direction of some documentation how you got your Tandberg unit to work with OCS?

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 7:59 PM
  •  

Yes MC LCS 2005 SP1 works like a dream just one or two things to remember like.

Ad Hoc Entry Queue for Microsoft OC Endpoints

A special Profile can be created for use by Microsoft OC endpoints to start new

conferences without the need to predefine conferences on the MGC. The conference Name

and Passwords are taken from the OC endpoint configuration.

Detailed Description

When Microsoft Office Communicator SIP-CX users send a request (Subscribe) to start a

new conference that includes the target conference ID, the call reaches the MCU according

to the definition in the LCS Static Routes. The MCU then checks whether a conference

with the ID sent in the Subscribe request is running, and if not, creates a new conference

according to the Profile designated as Microsoft enabled. The new conference ID,

conference password and chairperson password are taken from the request (Subscribe) sent

by the Office Communicator user (as configured in the OC), without input from the user.

To designated a Profile as Ad Hoc for Microsoft Office Communicator SIP-CX users, in

the system.cfg in the SIP section, manually add the flag AD_HOC_PROFILE_ MSFT with

the Profile name.

For example, if the flag is set to AD_HOC_PROFILE_ MSFT=OCMR, the the Profile

named OCMR is designated as Ad Hoc for Microsoft Office Communicator SIP-CX users

and the conference parameters will be taken from this Profile.

The Profile line rate and video parameters must match the SIP endpoint capabilities, as

configured in Office Communicator.

As the system.cfg flags must be written in capital letters, the Profile name must also be

defined using capital letters (the MCU is case sensitive), and it is not recommended to use

spaces.

I managed to get my Polycom VSX range to connect to the OSC (buddy list ) registered as SIP clients on v8.7 firmware. I also register meeting rooms and AD_HOC services on the MGC50 v8 but can’t seem to get the OSC to use the MGC as the multi point bridge thus losing CP and a whole list of extra services.

Anyone with a idea here….?

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 11:46 AM
  • Hi,

Interesting information. We also have a VSX with older firmware. At the moment we can only set the edge server adres and an username/password. There are no extra security settings which (I believe) are necessary for the OCS configuration.

Is it a smooth firmware upgrade or have you experienced any problems?

I was wondering what other configuration options you get with the new firmware. Is it possible to install a certificate on the Polycom device?

Thomas
    Thursday, November 1, 2007 5:02 AM
  •  

Polycom and Tandberg have recently announced that they have expanded an agreement with Microsoft to provide compatibility between their solutions and OCS 2007.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 3:53 AM
  • Will the 3rd party A/V MCU replace OCS A/V MCU? or Will they work side-by-side?

Do we have any time line?

Regards,

Ron

Thursday, April 24, 2008 2:42 AM