none
comma separator in the text box field RRS feed

• Question

• <p>I am new to .net</p><p>All i have is a text box that is not accepting "Comma's" example. when I enter multile accountIds like Account1,Account2,Account3
    </p><p>Below is the code</p><p>&lt;asp:TextBox ID="txtAccountID" runat="server" ClientIDMode="Static" CssClass="txtSearch InputMask"<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Width="340px"&gt;&lt;/asp:TextBox&gt;</p><p>I made the ClientID to&nbsp;<a class="xref x-hidden-focus" data-linktype="relative-path" href="https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.web.ui.clientidmode?view=netframework-4.7.2#System_Web_UI_ClientIDMode_AutoID" style="color:var(--primary-hover);cursor:pointer;overflow-wrap:break-word;box-sizing:inherit;outline:0.125rem dashed var(--text);outline-offset:0.125rem;font-family:'Segoe UI', SegoeUI, 'Segoe WP', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;">AutoID</a>/Predictable and inherit but no luck</p><p>How can I make this text box accept Comma's</p><p></p>

• Edited by mansoorabid Wednesday, January 23, 2019 5:17 PM
    • Moved by CoolDadTx Thursday, January 24, 2019 3:01 PM ASP.NET related
    Wednesday, January 23, 2019 5:07 PM

All replies

• <p>I am new to .net</p><p>All i have is a text box that is not accepting "Comma's" example. when I enter multile accountIds like Account1,Account2,Account3
    </p><p>Below is the code</p><p>&lt;asp:TextBox ID="txtAccountID" runat="server" ClientIDMode="Static" CssClass="txtSearch InputMask"<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Width="340px"&gt;&lt;/asp:TextBox&gt;</p><p>I made the ClientID to&nbsp;<a class="xref x-hidden-focus" data-linktype="relative-path" href="https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.web.ui.clientidmode?view=netframework-4.7.2#System_Web_UI_ClientIDMode_AutoID" style="color:var(--primary-hover);cursor:pointer;overflow-wrap:break-word;box-sizing:inherit;outline:0.125rem dashed var(--text);outline-offset:0.125rem;font-family:'Segoe UI', SegoeUI, 'Segoe WP', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;">AutoID</a>/Predictable and inherit but no luck</p><p>How can I make this text box accept Comma's</p><p></p>

This is what your post looks like to me, and I am using Edge . It's the same thing when using Chrome. Who can read it? Can you?  You need to find out what is causing it and/or stop using the browser to make a post.

Thursday, January 24, 2019 4:29 AM
  • Hi mansoorabid,

Thank you for posting here.

According to your description, your question is more related to ASP.NET, you could post a new thread in ASP.NET forum for suitable support.

https://forums.asp.net/

The Visual C# forum discuss and ask questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 24, 2019 6:28 AM