FileSyncProvider + WCF RRS feed

Answers

• Hi -

I have been unable to open the link that you provide. Have you looked into our FileSyncProvider to see if that matches your needs. We are planning on coming out with a sample for V2 that shows you how to write a matching FileSyncProvider using WCF that will let you sync local files with remote files.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    • Marked as answer by János Janka Monday, August 10, 2009 9:19 AM
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 1:02 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Philo, 

You can find a FileSyncProvider sample in Sync Framework 2.0 CTP2 SDK which you can start playing with. 

Once you install the SDK, the sample can be found under:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Microsoft Sync Framework\v2.0\Samples

In Sync Framework 2.0 RTM release, we are going to add a new sample to demostrate how to write a matching FileSyncProvider using WCF. Please keep an eye on our sync blog for dates as 2.0 RTM becomes available.

Thanks,
    Nina
    • Marked as answer by Nina H Sunday, October 4, 2009 8:00 AM
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 8:51 AM
  • Hi Diego,

I dig out an old sample that fits your needs perfectly:
    http://bryantlikes.com/archive/2008/01/03/remote-file-sync-using-wcf-and-msf.aspx

Besides, Sync Framework 2.0 has been released in Oct and we recently added a new sample to do file synchronization with a Simple Custom Provider.
    http://blogs.msdn.com/sync/archive/2009/11/23/new-code-sample-file-synchronization-with-a-simple-custom-provider.aspx

Thanks for your support and feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Nina
    • Marked as answer by Nina H Tuesday, November 24, 2009 1:38 AM
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 1:36 AM

All replies

• Hi -

I have been unable to open the link that you provide. Have you looked into our FileSyncProvider to see if that matches your needs. We are planning on coming out with a sample for V2 that shows you how to write a matching FileSyncProvider using WCF that will let you sync local files with remote files.

Thanks
    Deepa
    • Marked as answer by János Janka Monday, August 10, 2009 9:19 AM
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 1:02 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi

That's great. I'm looking forward to finishing Sync 2.0. SyncFX is a real treasure.

Thanks.
    Monday, August 10, 2009 9:19 AM
  • Hi -

Thanks
    Deepa
    Hi(Ni Hao) -

Can you give me simple sample before your start coding? I just want to know some key ideas.

Thanks a lot
    Philo

My Email:zhouzhe.live@gmail.com
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 4:05 AM
  • Hi Philo, 

You can find a FileSyncProvider sample in Sync Framework 2.0 CTP2 SDK which you can start playing with. 

Once you install the SDK, the sample can be found under:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Microsoft Sync Framework\v2.0\Samples

In Sync Framework 2.0 RTM release, we are going to add a new sample to demostrate how to write a matching FileSyncProvider using WCF. Please keep an eye on our sync blog for dates as 2.0 RTM becomes available.

Thanks,
    Nina
    • Marked as answer by Nina H Sunday, October 4, 2009 8:00 AM
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 8:51 AM
  • Hi Nina,

I am looking forward to this sample too.

I tried to translate to CTP 2 the sample that the author mentioned, but not successfully. I'm a rookie about the MSF.

Any ideia when this will be available ?

Thanks,
    Diego
    • Edited by Diego Felipe Friday, October 2, 2009 8:11 PM spell check
    Friday, October 2, 2009 7:13 PM
  • Hey Diego,

Thanks for supporting MSF. the sample will be available in the coming month when MSF 2.0 is released. Please keep an eye on our sync blog for dates as 2.0 RTM becomes available.

Thanks,
    Nina
    • Marked as answer by Nina H Tuesday, November 24, 2009 1:27 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Nina H Tuesday, November 24, 2009 1:37 AM
    Sunday, October 4, 2009 7:59 AM
  • Hi Diego,

I dig out an old sample that fits your needs perfectly:
    http://bryantlikes.com/archive/2008/01/03/remote-file-sync-using-wcf-and-msf.aspx

Besides, Sync Framework 2.0 has been released in Oct and we recently added a new sample to do file synchronization with a Simple Custom Provider.
    http://blogs.msdn.com/sync/archive/2009/11/23/new-code-sample-file-synchronization-with-a-simple-custom-provider.aspx

Thanks for your support and feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Nina
    • Marked as answer by Nina H Tuesday, November 24, 2009 1:38 AM
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 1:36 AM
  • I was wondering if anyone created the sample referenced in the post on 9-23-09: 

"We are planning on coming out with a sample for V2 that shows you how to write a matching FileSyncProvider using WCF that will let you sync local files with remote files".

It would be very helpful for me to get a sample  of a two way Remote File Sync Provider that I can use in my application.

thank you,
    Jeremy
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 12:10 AM
  • I'd also like to know when a WCF example of File Sync will be available.
    Bert Jackson
    Monday, January 18, 2010 9:29 PM
  • Hello Nina,

Just wondering if the sample code for sync 2.0 for remote filesync is available?  The code Brynt posted does not work for 2.0

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Sheetal

sheetalkjain at gmail dot com

Saturday, April 17, 2010 4:32 AM
  • Hello Nina,

Hello Deepa,

Just wondering if the sample code for sync 2.0 for remote filesync is available?  The code Brynt posted does not work for 2.0

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Sheetal

sheetalkjain at gmail dot com

Saturday, April 17, 2010 4:33 AM
  • Hi guys,

I managed to update Bryant Likes' sample to run on MSF 2.0, but I don't think this solution is complete (possibly even not stable enough) for real production use. For example, it does only one-way sync and I think it doesn't do any conflict resolution. It needs some more work - and frankly, I'm not sure it's worth it. If you're interested, you can find the code here:

http://www.8bit.rs/blog/index.php/2010/04/an-update-to-remote-file-sync-using-wcf-and-msf/

Saturday, April 17, 2010 9:15 PM
  • Are there any working samples yet of FileSyncProvider over WCF. I have a mission critical application which needs to include this functionality and it is due in a week. I am sweating bullets here. Anyone give me any help?
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 2:07 PM
  • I was wondering if you ever got around to creating that sample? I am in desperate need of it. Thank you so very much.
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 6:28 PM
  • Hi,

Is there a FileSyncProvider sample using WCF NOW available? I could so much use that. Will greatly appreciate if you could point me to where I can get them or any clue as to how to go about getting it done.

Thanks a ton.

Thursday, June 2, 2016 9:35 PM
  • Hi,

Is there a FileSyncProvider sample using WCF NOW available? I could so much use that. Will greatly appreciate if you could point me to where I can get them or any clue as to how to go about getting it done.

Thanks a ton.

Hi Microsoft

Why are these last few posts never answered?

If the answer is that the framework is not really useful for syncing files over WCF then I think, for not letting us (developers) throwing away valuable time, that you should be honest and inform us of such,
    otherwise (hopefully), please give a useful answer making this not a rocket science for each and every developer needing this mode of syncing.

Saturday, September 23, 2017 10:40 AM