none
Error while debugging project

General discussion

• My OS is Windows 10. I have Office 365 and Visual Studio 2015 Community. When my VS project attempts to open a connection to an MSAccess database, an error is reported:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException' occurred in System.Data.dll

Additional information: Could not find installable ISAM.

I have tried reinstalling Windows, Office and Visual Studio. I have manually registered all the relevant DLL's but the error persists.

Any suggestions?

Chandrasekharan K

Monday, September 5, 2016 2:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Chandrasekharan K,

It would be not the VS debug issue, just to make this issue clearly, which kind of app did you really develop? Based on the error messages, it seems that it is related to your database connection, I met this kind of error before which was related to the Execute a select on one database, so to really help you find useful information or provide a more appropriate forum, you need to check that which line code impacts the result, and then you could share the main code here. I will follow up it again.

Of course, if you couldn't find the code which generate this exception, you could debug your app using step Into or use the Exception settings windows.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 11:34 AM
  • I changed the connection string to the following:

Dim constring As String = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=|dBase|\datafile;
            Persist Security Info=False;"

The new error is:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException' occurred in System.Data.dll
    Additional information: Not a valid file name.

The error is encountered at these lines of code:

Using connection As New OleDbConnection(<g class="gr_ gr_44 gr-alert gr_spell gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="44" id="44">constring</g>)
    connection.Open()

Since changing the connection string changes the error, it seems the problem lies in the connection string.

Chandrasekharan Kunnath

Friday, September 23, 2016 12:25 AM