MCITP Enterprise Admin RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys,

I know this is a bit off topic, however I definitely need some feedback from the group on this. I'm looking at enrolling in the MCITP Enterprise Admin course at New Horizons Computer Learning Center. Has anybody had any experience with New Horizons before? Perhaps in regards to this course particularly?

I'm asking because of how expensive the course actually is. It's approximately 5000-8500 USD($). However, I believe that money would be well spent if they actually train you well enough to achieve the certification. Any advice/feedback/suggestions is greatly appreciated and I apologize if there is a better forum for posting this in as I do not know the MSServer side of the forums as well.

Thanks,

-Hax

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 1:57 AM

Answers

• As Maurice noted, these can be expensive.  That said, New Horizons has an excellent reputation as an IT training facility.
    • Marked as answer by 512hax0r Thursday, June 9, 2011 5:47 PM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 7:14 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi Hax,

These courses are expensive. I assume this is an instructor led training? I don't have any experience with New Horizons. Most of the times you will only find posts regarding bad experiences not in this forum and if you do the posters are always redirected to Microsoft to share the experience. If a course is good or less good depends on the person who is following the course. And ofcourse that is very subjective. Where one like the approach of certain training centers the others don't. If it is official MOC courseware the content of the training should be the same everywhere regardless of the training center. So the only factor is price. The only advice we can give you on that one is 'compare' prices with other trainingcenters and see what they are asking for the same course. The final issue might be the location because if you do find another trainingcenter that offers the course for less it must be in the area to follow the course. If it is only certification you are after there is always 'bootcamp' and i've heard enough about those to make your eyebrows frown

Maurice
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 6:52 PM
  • As Maurice noted, these can be expensive.  That said, New Horizons has an excellent reputation as an IT training facility.
    • Marked as answer by 512hax0r Thursday, June 9, 2011 5:47 PM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 7:14 PM
    Answerer