I cannot log on my vista computer after install home server 2011 client RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot log on my vista computer after install home server 2011 client... it seems the client instalation changed my local user name and I dont have any idea wich user name should I use to log on my computer... on a win 7 computer I'd to use "Power user" to log on... but on this computer it did not work.

Please some help

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 5:18 PM

All replies

• Installation of the WHS 2011 Connector software should not have that affect - I have never heard of this issue before. You should be able to log on to the client as you have always done. Are you sure you did not do something else at the same time?
    Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 5:31 PM
  • Phil,

Tks for the reply... The only thing I did was intall sp1 and sp2 before... 

Do you wich user the client instalation uses ? like Power User or any other 

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 5:32 PM
  • The Launchpad opens by default on the desktop of any user on the client machine. You then enter into the Launchpad the credentials for any user recognised by the Server. The Dashboard uses the Server "Administrator" account.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 5:51 PM
  • Phil,

My problem is that after the installation I could not access my computer anymore... On the last part of the installation when I'd to join my computer on the home server it asked the password on the server and after a description for my computer... What is the user on this point...

Tks,

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 6:05 PM
  • The User Name during the connector install on a Client is "Administrator" and the Server administrator password. I still do not see how this could affect logging onto your Vista Client.
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 6:31 PM
  • Phil,

It's on local vista user account I cannot log on... And it's the second time already.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 6:34 PM
  • Phil,

Is it possible during the connector installation any necessary component like .Net may caused this problem ? 

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 6:52 PM
  • Is it possible during the connector installation any necessary component like .Net may caused this problem ? 

I would not have thought so - I have certainly not seen this type of problem reported previously on this Forum.

What did you mean by " And it's the second time already." in your previous post?

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 7:06 PM
  • Phil,

I had The same problem on a win 7 computer... but i used "Power User" to log on

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 7:34 PM