Inedexing by MSN is Ultra Slow RRS feed

• Question

• Vitals.com is a relative new site that provides unique details on physicians. Our content is quite comprehensive. Vitals has never engaged in any type of spam activity. Google has indexed close to a million pages but MSN has indexed only around a hundred. We have valid sitemaps loaded in MSN. Perhaps a MSN Webmaster can help us figure out why they are not fully indexing our site.
    Friday, April 4, 2008 12:56 AM

Answers

• Hi Yitzboy,

Sorry for the long delay. As of today, it looks like you are up to 170 pages indexed. If you haven't tried updating your sitemap, it might help.

Brett
    Thursday, May 29, 2008 4:48 PM

All replies

• I have seen Brett give his typical answer on why sites do not get fully indexed, but I still think there is more to the inside workings of the index then is being revealed.

1. Whos linking to us? Money Magazine, US News & World Report, USA Today, ReadWriteWeb and the list goes on and on and on. It is a well respected list of top content sites.

2. Quality Content. - All our content is unique and highly valuable to web surfers needing information on doctors.

We satisfied both conditions the MSN has put forth. Perhpas Brett can shed a little more light.

Thx

Yitzboy

Friday, April 4, 2008 7:29 PM
  • Hi Yitzboy,

Well, much to my regret, I can't give you a solid reason. You are ranking good -- could be better, but still solid. It could just come down to the size/limitation of our index. My suggestion is continuing on the path you are on right now and it will eventually get indexed better. How long has it been since you updated your sitemap?

Brett 

Friday, April 11, 2008 7:54 PM
  • Brett,

Thank you. We are continuing to build a very strong relationships with an article in Womens World and the Los Angeles Times slated for this coming week.

You really threw me off by your question. We deliberately didn't update the Sitemaps file based on the thinking that we will wait until we are fully indexed before refreshing the Sitemaps file. Also, we figured that the <changefreq> tag in the XML file would be sufficient to let MSN know the interval of page refreshes. Is it advantageous to update the actual sitemaps file on a frequent basis?

Thanks

Yitzboy

Monday, April 14, 2008 9:13 PM
  • Hi Yitzboy,

Sorry for the long delay. As of today, it looks like you are up to 170 pages indexed. If you haven't tried updating your sitemap, it might help.

Brett
    Thursday, May 29, 2008 4:48 PM