Setting up automatic backup RRS feed

• Question

• I have windows home server and it backup my pc every day when i start up the client pc's.

But i have reinstall my home server and now it does not automatic backup my pc's when i start them up.
    I have already uninstall the connector software an install in again on my pc's, And set up that the home server not may wake up my computers.

Can somone help?
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 4:12 PM

Answers

• If I understand correctly, you do not want your client computers to wake automatically to back up, but you do want them to back up when you turn them on? The simplest thing to do is to expand the backup window so that it's still open at the time you normally turn your client computers on. If the window is still open when a client computer is turned on, and it didn't back up automatically during the window already, it should begin a backup almost immediately.

You'll find instructions describing how to adjust the backup window in your server's console help files.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 5:08 PM

All replies

• If I understand correctly, you do not want your client computers to wake automatically to back up, but you do want them to back up when you turn them on? The simplest thing to do is to expand the backup window so that it's still open at the time you normally turn your client computers on. If the window is still open when a client computer is turned on, and it didn't back up automatically during the window already, it should begin a backup almost immediately.

You'll find instructions describing how to adjust the backup window in your server's console help files.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 5:08 PM
  • You can also try scheduling a task on startup to run backup.exe
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 1:05 AM