Selecting Customize...under Report causes program to freeze RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Microsoft Money Plus Home & Business version 17.0.150.3817. Each time I select Customize under the report option the program freezes.  Any assistance I can get to resolve this problem would be high appreciated.

Deego332

Sunday, March 6, 2016 1:34 AM

Answers

• Thanks for your suggestions.

I did replace the library file "mnyob99.dll" but have also checked with filealyzer and confirmed the MD5.

I have also tried the Quick File Repair and the Standard File Repair.  Those did not yield any successes.

Trying to open the Sample.mny also caused the program to freeze!!!

Hopefully, that gives you some idea as to where the problem maybe.  I suspect that rules out the money file.

Deego332

In that case, I would reinstall Money Sunset, and then again copy the patched mnyob99.dll over the unpatched version that the reinstall will put back.

• Marked as answer by Deego332 Sunday, March 6, 2016 6:51 PM
    Sunday, March 6, 2016 6:27 PM

All replies

• Have you done the mnyob99.dll replacement described in the first "sticky" thread in this forum:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d28d6921-1f01-430f-b33e-f5a3ec47077b/important-patch-for-money-plus-maybe-20062007-mnyob99dll?forum=money

Note that Home & Business has its own version of that dll.  If you need help with doing the replacement post back and be sure to give the version of Windows that you are running.

Bill Becker

Sunday, March 6, 2016 2:35 AM
  • I did replaced the mnyob99.dll but I can't be certain that I used the correct version of the dll.  Is there someway to confirm that I have used the correct file.

Deego332

Sunday, March 6, 2016 3:04 PM
  • This is from the txt file that I found with the version of mnyob99.dll for Money H&B:

The file mnyob99.dll.fix_USBIZ is a patched version of the original
    mnyob99.dll file for Money Plus US Business version. This is not 
    for Money Plus Deluxe or any other version.

It must be renamed as mnyob99.dll and replace the existing mnyob99.dll file. 

The MD5 for the original mnyob99.dll is   8e1d9f03f3ff7f3890b265adb8dbcc56
    The MD5 for mnyob99.dll.fix_USBIZ is 1abfe5d27b1a70611c4faad7881ab4e4

You can check the MD5 of your current mnyob99.dll using a program such as FileAlyzer:

https://www.safer-networking.org/products/filealyzer/

or, if you remember downloading mnyob99.dll.fix_USBIZ and doing the replacement as described above, we can eliminate that as a cause of your problem.

Two other things to try:

- open Sample.mny and see if you have the same problem.  If not, that would suggest that the problem is with you Money file.  In that case, it would be useful to try restoring a backup made before the problem appeared or try the next suggestion.

- do a File>Repair Money File>Quick File Repair and see if that helps.  It's quick and easy and does no harm.  You can also try a Standard File Repair, but be aware that running it will reset all of your customized reports. I strongly recommend that you first try it on a copy of your Money file.

Let us know if any of this helps.

Bill Becker

Sunday, March 6, 2016 4:38 PM
  • You may want to do File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 1

That will, however, remove all existing customized reports.

Sunday, March 6, 2016 5:00 PM

I did replace the library file "mnyob99.dll" but have also checked with filealyzer and confirmed the MD5.

I have also tried the Quick File Repair and the Standard File Repair.  Those did not yield any successes.

Hopefully, that gives you some idea as to where the problem maybe.  I suspect that rules out the money file.

Deego332

Sunday, March 6, 2016 6:23 PM

Deego332

In that case, I would reinstall Money Sunset, and then again copy the patched mnyob99.dll over the unpatched version that the reinstall will put back.

• Marked as answer by Deego332 Sunday, March 6, 2016 6:51 PM
    Sunday, March 6, 2016 6:27 PM