Certificate Works on WindowsXP(IE6) not on Windows7(IE8) RRS feed

• Question

• Haven't been able to find anyone to run into this problem.

When accessing my Home Server from a work computer which is an XP running IE6, it only asked if I wish to continue, i click yes and i'm in.

When trying to access my Home Server from my home computer which is Win7(IE8) anywhere outside my home network (coffee shop, hotel, library), I get a Cirtificate Error. and not given the option to continue and can not connect. I have connected in the past but its been a while since I don't use my laptop outside the house very often. I am at a loss to the cause. I would think the Win7 would work better than a company managed XP IE6 machine.

Any ideas?

Friday, February 25, 2011 4:48 AM

All replies

• Haven't been able to find anyone to run into this problem.

When accessing my Home Server from a work computer which is an XP running IE6, it only asked if I wish to continue, i click yes and i'm in.

When trying to access my Home Server from my home computer which is Win7(IE8) anywhere outside my home network (coffee shop, hotel, library), I get a Cirtificate Error. and not given the option to continue and can not connect. I have connected in the past but its been a while since I don't use my laptop outside the house very often. I am at a loss to the cause. I would think the Win7 would work better than a company managed XP IE6 machine.

Any ideas?

Got the same issue here. From windows xp I can access my homeserver with the remote desktop, but from windows7 I'm getting certificate errors, more precisely :" A revocation check could not be performed for the certificate".

I do get the option to continue anyway. This is inside my home network. I think it has started with servicepack1 for windows 7.  How do I correct this ?  I tried installing the certificate but doesn't seem to work.

Sunday, February 27, 2011 2:14 AM
  • This sounds like two different issues.

The SP1 issue happens either inside or outside a LAN. I have a thread specifically for this issue. Also, at least in my case, it is only a warning prompt and will allow access.

It sounds like the OP can connect fine within the LAN, but gets an error outside of it - and there is no option to bypass the error.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 5:45 AM