Internet Lead Captures and Workflows RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. Is it possible to create a workflow that will assign internet leads to a user? I have an html snippet that I am using in a company web page and I would like for the lead to be assigned to a user without having to manually assign them. Is this possible? I've looked in the workflow creation, but so far I can't seem to find a way to do it. I can see that I can choose lead in the Entity drop down menu in the create workflow dialog box, but not internet lead.
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 9:02 PM

Answers

All replies

• Do you have a custom entity called "Internet Leads" that is different from the system entity "Leads"? I'm guessing that your internet leads are really just leads with a lead source of "Internet." Can you provide some more information to clarify?
    Matt Wittemann, MVP for CRM (http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com)
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 9:35 PM
  • No custom entity. I am going through the sales section and clicking "Internet Lead Capture" to create a form that customers can fill out on our website. Once someone fills out the form and submits it, I have to go back to the Internet Lead Capture section to view customers that have filled out the form. Then I can assign them to users. What I am wanting to do is create a workflow that will run each time someone submits that form so that they will be assigned to one of our sales guys right away.
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 9:47 PM
  • Then, if these are in fact leads, you should be able to use a workflow configured for the Lead entity to assign them. The first step in your workflow should check if the lead is an internet lead (probably a lead source or channel field).

Matt Wittemann, MVP for CRM (http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com)
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 9:55 PM
  • That's what I was looking for originally, but when an Internet Lead Capture is received, it doesn't create a record in the Lead section. That is what has me stuck. I would have to click on Internet Lead Capture just to view them and then I have to assign them to myself or another user. The odd thing is that I just tested it a second ago by assigning a test lead to a user and it disappeared. It didn't even create a lead record.
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 10:04 PM
  • I am running into the same problem Shawn.  I have tried setting up a workflow that targets the user Partner User, Internet Leads and am not finding any way to automatically take an internet lead and bring it into the CRM system (I am using CRM Online) and then automatically assign the leads.  As it stands someone must manually check the site once an hour, or some other frequency, to import any leads.  This process really defeats the purpose of "automating" mundane tasks.  It also can cause a gap in time from when the lead came in and when someone is assigned the lead and acts on it. That gap could mean the lead found someone else.  If there is no current way to do this, MS needs to develop one.
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 5:20 PM
  • Jonathan - I have submitted another question on this topic. Have you found an answer yet? Thank you!
    --- ATS2011
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 3:25 AM
  • As it stands someone must manually check the site once an hour, or some other frequency, to import any leads.  This process really defeats the purpose of "automating" mundane tasks.  It also can cause a gap in time from when the lead came in and when someone is assigned the lead and acts on it. That gap could mean the lead found someone else.  If there is no current way to do this, MS needs to develop one.

ABSOLUTELY - My point exactly....
    --- ATS2011
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 3:26 AM
  • You can have a look at this article for an optional product that will provide a method for automation.  Also, please take a few minutes to post this on Connect as a suggestion and have people vote for it.

Thank you

Regards, Donna

Monday, February 28, 2011 7:48 PM
  • Hi Donna - thank you!

I don't see a link to "THIS ARTICLE" in your post. Can you post a link?

Thank you!

--- ATS2011
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 12:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Wednesday, March 2, 2011 6:31 PM
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 12:50 AM
  • Thank you Donna!

I am not ready to spend $495 on a solution that ought to be built in ;) Thank you for the reference, though - good product...

--- ATS2011
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 6:17 PM
  • The free customer portal on codeplex has web-to-lead capabilities that you can easily put a workflow on.  see http://customerportal.codeplex.com.  The CRM 2011 version of this has also been released (it is available on the marketplace). 

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 6:35 PM
  • Now that they "enhanced" the internet lead caputre I am still not finding the solution on how to get notified if a lead comes in.  At the very list they should have a way to enter an email address or multiple that the system would email if a internet lead came in.  That shoudl be part of the out of the box Internet Lead Capture form feature.  I mean how difficult can that be?  or send someone a to do in a workflow. 

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 1:50 AM
  • I am so with you Jonathan. This is absolutley ridiculous that it's taking this long to fix - PLEASE got to the Connect Site and Vote this problem up towards the top of their fix queue - they are tracking this issue, but not in this thread.

Main Connect Website: https://connect.microsoft.com/ You must "join" each product you want to partiipate in.

This issue:

--- ATS2011
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 3:45 AM
  • Done, I hope this helps.  I really don't think this shoudl be a third party app that you have to puchase, it should come out of the box.
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 4:29 AM