quick campaign workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I need to send emails with an attachment out via Quick Campaign against selected Accounts on a Marketing List. I am aware I need to use a workflow for this to create the emails. However, what do I put in the To: field on the email message. I left it blank and ran the workflow against the list of Accounts in the Marketing List but it sat there "waiting" as it said the e-mail must have at least one recipient before it can be sent.

Thanks

BM
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 9:21 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You will not need a workflow again.

In CRM 2011, 

1. In the marketing list, use a query to filter out the members (account) with email (field contains data). 

2. While creating the Quick Campaign, choose Email as the Activity Type and Check the option to send and close the email activities.

3. In the email activity you can enter a subject and body or use a template. Please note that the To field is actually read only. Once you finish the Quick Campaign creation through the wizard, the emails are sent.

HTH

Mamta

Mamta
    • Proposed as answer by Edwin2win Thursday, May 12, 2011 11:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:53 AM
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 11:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You will not need a workflow again.

In CRM 2011, 

1. In the marketing list, use a query to filter out the members (account) with email (field contains data). 

2. While creating the Quick Campaign, choose Email as the Activity Type and Check the option to send and close the email activities.

3. In the email activity you can enter a subject and body or use a template. Please note that the To field is actually read only. Once you finish the Quick Campaign creation through the wizard, the emails are sent.

HTH

Mamta

Mamta
    • Proposed as answer by Edwin2win Thursday, May 12, 2011 11:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:53 AM
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 11:31 AM
  • I have a marketing list that i'd like to create a workflow (or dialogue) to automate the process of creating & sending a quick campaign.

How is this best achieved?

Friday, January 25, 2013 2:31 AM