External pc on my onecare circle RRS feed

• Question

•  

I just turned on the onecare circle yesterday.  I started having a bunch of performance problems on my laptop related to the CPU pegging out at 100%.  Today I searched the postings and found that this is related to a OneCare peer to peer issue.  Tonight I got home to try to address the problem and when I opened my OneCare I found someone else's laptop in my OneCare circle.  It only showed up on my laptop, not my dev box.  I deleted the machine from my circle and turned off the wireless card on my laptop immediately.  Now I'm not sure what to do.  My laptop and pc are both behind a wireless router with full WEP security.   I'm not sure how an outside machine was in my circle unless this release allows peer to peer tunneling outside the wireless network.  Please advise on how to secure this.
    Tuesday, January 15, 2008 4:54 AM

Answers

• The list of PCs in your Circle are not connected to your hub and may not even be on your network, but are PCs that have or had OneCare activated on your subscription LiveID. If the PC you removed was another PC of yours, it has now become unsubscribed. If it is a phantom from a previous install, you've removed it, too.

-steve

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 8:21 PM