home connector remote access is down RRS feed

• Question

• after latest update I can no longer remote into my home server, so I unistalled the update but still no joy can any boady point me in the right direction
    Friday, January 28, 2011 11:31 AM

All replies

• after latest update I can no longer remote into my home server, so I unistalled the update but still no joy can any boady point me in the right direction

I am having the same problem. It configures my remote access OK as normal and says it is available but then when I click on details and then try to cofigure it, it then states invalid logon name or password, but I can logon to the Windows Live with the same credentials without any problem. It was working fine a few days ago as it has always been in the past, so I am wondering if it is either this latest rollup update or are MS having problems with their DNS name servers.

Colin

Tuesday, February 1, 2011 8:33 PM
  • Please try:

1. Reinstall the update

2. logon to your server using remote desktop; on client do Start, Run, type mstsc.exe and Hit Enter. Computername is name or IP address of your server, Username is Administrator, password is your WHS console password.

3. Open explorer window, browse to folder C:\WHS. Normally a copy of the most recent Connector installer should be present there (Connector installer and two msi files, the msi files normally have a date a few days prior to the last WHS update.

4.You can copy these files to a client and install or alternatively copy these files to the \Software\Home Server Connector Software folder of your server (store the current files in that location in a temp folder first), then try installing again from http://yourservername:55000

5. logon to your server desktop, open explorer window and browse to C:\Windows\Temp

6. Right click on the folder, Properties, Security tab

7. Edit permissions, add new user IIS_WPG (type IIS_WPG in the box, then click Check Names, then OK

8. Set permission for IIS_WPG to Full Control

Henk Panneman - http://www.homeserverweb.nl
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 8:03 AM