none
Reply to Post Notifications? RRS feed

• Question

• Is this the only forum on the Internet where, no matter how much time you put into trying to find the tick box (and then ticking it), you just can't get a reply to a post?

Is that a feature?
    Is that designed to artificially inflate visitor numbers - just in case they peek to see if someone has replied to a post?
    Is it due to be fixed in the next version scheduled for release in the 19th quarter of 2011?
    Has anyone filed 26 Bug Reports and offered it up for Community Discussion Groups?

I know it can't be a bug so what is the problem?

- I am waiting by both my MSN and "other email account" inboxes to get the "reply to post" notification.

Oh, wait......... !

What could possibly go wrong?
    • Moved by Andrew BrennerMicrosoft employee Wednesday, August 27, 2008 5:01 PM bug (Moved from Suggestions and Feedback for the Forums to Bug Reporting for Forums Platform (not product support))
    Saturday, August 9, 2008 5:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• 1) Several people have reported problems with the Alert system, but we have been unable to replicate it as of yet.
    2) We put out fairly frequent releases (at one point, we were releasing almost weekly)
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Monday, August 11, 2008 5:08 AM
  • What ?  You have never been able to verify that no alerts actually get sent?
    CHO, HomePage Doctor http://www.homepagedoctor.com/ExpressionTutorials/Tutorials.htm
    Saturday, August 23, 2008 10:58 AM
  • No, we haven't been able to duplicate it ourselves...

We did find an issue with alerts in a small set of forums. In particular, forums that are shared among different brands (i.e. MSDN & Technet) such as this forum would only send an alert if the post was made in the same brand you subscribed under. Obviously, this was a mistake, so it should be fixed in the next release.
    Monday, August 25, 2008 4:36 PM
  • Hehe, did the cookie bug bite?
    Hans Passant.
    Thursday, August 28, 2008 11:46 AM
  • Yes. Works from the other machine right next to it just fine though... :)
    Thursday, August 28, 2008 6:00 PM
  • This appears to be fixed (by various updates over 3+ years). Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, February 9, 2012 6:48 AM
    Owner