none
Report Viewer version14.0.0.0 issue with Local report Processing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are experiencing a problem with our WinForms application that uses the ReportViewer 14.0.0.0 to generate local reports.   

This issue is sporadic and most users report that if they try to run the report 3-4 time they can finally get it to work.

I did some reasearch and found an article (link below) that said that report Viewer creates some Dynamic DLL's and some virus scan programs don't allow that and cause a problem.  We have entered an exception for our virus scan program (Symantec) to ignore files in the c:\users\<username>\appdata\Local directory but users are still reporting the issue.  The error desribed in the article isn't identical to mine but it sounds like exactly the same behavior.

https://identityiq.corp.zoetis.com/identityiq/ui/setTimeZone.jsf

Below is what we see randomly when trying to run any of our reports 

an error occured during local report processing

The definition of the report xxxxxx is invalid

An unexpected error occured in report processing

Cannot execute a program.  the command being executed was "c:\windws\microsoft .net\framework64\v4.0.030319\vbc.exe" /noconfig @"C:\users\<user>\appdata\local\temp\mi0w1ktv.cmdline

Any help is greatly appreciated.  this has been happening for several months and I have exhausted all of my resources trying to figure out what is wrong.

we recently moved to symantec as our Virus protection, our windows 10 computers constantly getting updates, and I recently upgraded to version 14 of Reportviewer if any of that makes a difference.

Barb Cornell

Friday, December 20, 2019 3:29 PM

All replies

• Hi barb_123,
    I viewed your description, it is recommended to report a problem on the Developer Community.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 23, 2019 8:27 AM