Mappoint Runtime OCX installation RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon,

I have created the ocx run time disk for mappoint 2011 for use with my software packages.

I expected the ocx runtime installs not to be limited to the number of installs performed, however, this is not the case. With mappoint 2006 ocx runtime, my customers were able to load the ocx software and use my code which uses the axmappoint control.

With mappoint 2011, only a few customers were able to do the load and now after the ocx runtime starts, it tells them they cannot use it because of the product registration requirement.

I have verified the mappoint install and it is the runtime version. I deployed with the same product key as the one I recieved with my retail version to create the runtime disk. I have created the runtime disk from the runtime directory as per instruction: Create an installation disc for an application created using the Mappoint Control.

Did I supply the wrong product key(I used the key that came with my full retail product)? Is there another product key just for the ocx runtime disk that I should use?

I need the runtime ocx to work without telling my customers to by the full retail product.

I prefer not to go back to mappoint 2006 ocx runtime which does not have the install limit.

Thank's

BartSystems

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 6:53 PM

All replies

• Sorry to be a spoil sport, but every end user needs a full license of MapPoint irregardless of version.

If you are distributing MapPoint 2006 without licenses, then technically it's piracy :-(

Eric

http://www.MapForums.com

http://www.mapforums.com

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 12:40 PM
  • You're not a spoil sport; I didn't know the runtime versions of ms products (in fact they came with the developer editions) were now the same as the full retail products. You know there was a time and you may not remember or be old enough to know, but there was a time when developers could distribute the runtime versions of microsoft products without a fee being required, however, I shall make mappoint a required system product as I do for ms office pro.
    Friday, March 16, 2012 9:54 PM