none
product key cant be found

Question

• hello       i put in a cd on the professional style.  loaded the cd...waited and didn't understand what was being done.  i had 30 days to send in the product key or something.  i wasn't sure what would happen, so i left things alone.  after 30 days, my icons and start programs left the screen.  i typed in the product key and wrong product key came up.  I can get the icons and start to show up on screen for about 20 seconds and done.  what do i have to do to get icons, start and product key to be in line again?   thank you 

terry

Monday, December 12, 2011 1:34 AM

Answers

• Please state the exact edition of Microsoft Windows you installed and whether it was an upgrade or clean install, and whether you have an upgrade or Full Version product key.  Also,

please download and run the   Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool.

After running the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button, then Paste the report into your post.  Also, please include a brief question or pertinent background information that would be helpful in our endeavor to assist you.

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, December 19, 2011 10:01 PM
    Monday, December 12, 2011 2:20 AM

All replies

• Please state the exact edition of Microsoft Windows you installed and whether it was an upgrade or clean install, and whether you have an upgrade or Full Version product key.  Also,

please download and run the   Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool.

After running the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button, then Paste the report into your post.  Also, please include a brief question or pertinent background information that would be helpful in our endeavor to assist you.

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, December 19, 2011 10:01 PM
    Monday, December 12, 2011 2:20 AM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.
    Darin MS
    Monday, December 19, 2011 10:01 PM