Problem installing Mesh in Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit OS RRS feed

• Question

• I have not been able to install mesh my Windows 7 64 bit OS.  Every time I login to mesh live, the web-site brings me to a blank page with a progress bar at the bottom.  The progress bar flickers for about an hour before the status bar displays "Done" in the lower left corner of the screen.  I noticed on my network connection status that roughly 80MB downloads each time this happens.  I have cleared my IE history several time and attempted to reinstall and end up with the same problem.  At one point, mesh reported that I was unathorized to install (the laptop was purchased in the US and is being used in the US).  I have been trying to install on two different machines (the other is a 64-bit Vista OS with all updates instaleld) and have been running into the same problem.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 4:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• I have not been able to install mesh my Windows 7 64 bit OS.  Every time I login to mesh live, the web-site brings me to a blank page with a progress bar at the bottom.  The progress bar flickers for about an hour before the status bar displays "Done" in the lower left corner of the screen.  I noticed on my network connection status that roughly 80MB downloads each time this happens.  I have cleared my IE history several time and attempted to reinstall and end up with the same problem.  At one point, mesh reported that I was unathorized to install (the laptop was purchased in the US and is being used in the US).  I have been trying to install on two different machines (the other is a 64-bit Vista OS with all updates instaleld) and have been running into the same problem.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

I also tried installing in Google Chrome and reached the following error message:

This webpage has a redirect loop.

The webpage at https://www.mesh.com/Web/Error.aspx?msg=IneligibleAccount& has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

Thursday, March 25, 2010 5:11 PM

I also tried installing in Google Chrome and reached the following error message:

This webpage has a redirect loop.

The webpage at https://www.mesh.com/Web/Error.aspx?msg=IneligibleAccount& has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

Thursday, March 25, 2010 5:11 PM
  • Is this perhaps related to your other two posts here:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMesh/thread/2b01c4f6-492a-439b-ba46-37a681f762ca

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMesh/thread/2b01c4f6-492a-439b-ba46-37a681f762ca

Try a different LiveID, properly set up, and see if you can then log into www.mesh.com and install on your PC.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 6:27 PM