none
Can not uninstall daemon tools (setup is unable to validate installation)

Question

• Why can't i uninstall some programs anymore that are not compatible with vista after i upgraded to vista
    Monday, November 06, 2006 3:14 PM

Answers

• Yes, I have same problem.

To upgrade to Vista (Ultimate) from XP Pro, using image .iso, I had to use daemon tools. I upgraded fine, but now I canot get rid of the daemon toosl and of the attached to them some bloody search bar or something liek that. ADD/REMOVE does not do it, and nothing can help to get rid. Every reboot I'm getting a minor error. The only other incompatible thing was Norton antivirus, but it uninstall itself ok. So, if anybody can advise how to get rid of daemon tools that would be greatly appreciated.

Saturday, December 09, 2006 9:21 AM

All replies

• If they are useful,you don't need to uninstall them! enjoy it
    Tuesday, November 07, 2006 3:51 AM
  • o,if you want to uninstall daemon tools ,you must download a tool of sptdinstaller,and use sptd to uninstall sptd drivers ,then reinstall daemon tools
    Tuesday, November 07, 2006 3:54 AM
  • Yes, I have same problem.

To upgrade to Vista (Ultimate) from XP Pro, using image .iso, I had to use daemon tools. I upgraded fine, but now I canot get rid of the daemon toosl and of the attached to them some bloody search bar or something liek that. ADD/REMOVE does not do it, and nothing can help to get rid. Every reboot I'm getting a minor error. The only other incompatible thing was Norton antivirus, but it uninstall itself ok. So, if anybody can advise how to get rid of daemon tools that would be greatly appreciated.

Saturday, December 09, 2006 9:21 AM
  • Hey man had that problem what you do is use the install program you used to install it in the first place and install it again. When you do that it will tell you that you need to uninstall it first before you install it again once you uninstall it cancel the installation and it will be gone. Hope this helps it work for me

Brad=]

Saturday, May 31, 2008 5:08 PM