Cant activate - Product key doesnt seem to be a Vista key?! RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello

I just installed Vista Ultimate today and as stated in the title, I cant activate Vista Ultimate, as it seems my product-key isnt a Vista-key. What can i do? Have i bought an illegal copy of Vista, or?

Best Regards 

Henrik

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0066.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0
    Online Validation Code: 0x0
    Cached Validation Code: 0x0
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-9364X-37XGX-24W6P
    Windows Product Key Hash: aA067NOL80NWIZ94L6hWVdZMoIo=
    Windows Product ID: 89580-OEM-7332132-00141
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6000.2.00010100.0.0.001
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    ID: {EF25C12D-5741-40BA-ADB9-F9D922EB7980}(1)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Ultimate
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 6000.vista_gdr.071009-1548
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: FCEE394C-2989-80070002

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{EF25C12D-5741-40BA-ADB9-F9D922EB7980}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0066.0</Version><OS>6.0.6000.2.00010100.0.0.001</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-24W6P</PKey><PID>89580-OEM-7332132-00141</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-2078153001-2799574508-3116813795</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>System manufacturer</Manufacturer><Model>System Product Name</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies, LTD</Manufacturer><Version>ASUS M2A-VM HDMI ACPI BIOS Revision 0502</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20070329000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>82323507018400F6</HWID><UserLCID>0406</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Rom, normaltid(GMT+01:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><BRT/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 2:01 PM

Answers

•  

Hello Henrik Gertz,

First, I'll give you some background and then I'll explain how this pretains to your issue.

Background Information: Computers (build by large computer manufacturers) that come pre-installed with Vista have a Product Key already installed in it. This key is called an OEM SLP key and it enables Vista to check the Motherboard Bios chip for specal instructions. If those instructions are found, Vista Self-Activates. So when you buy a computer (build by large computer manufacturers) that come pre-installed with Vista, you do not need to Activate it.

Your Issue: You appear to be a victim of piracy. The Product Key, you used to install your Vista, is an OEM SLP key. Since OEM SLP keys were designed to Self-Activate, they will not work when used to manually activate (i.e by phone or over the internet) and since your computer did not come pre-installed with Vista, your computer's motherboard does not contain the specal instructions to allow your OEM SLP key to Self-Activate Vista.

At this point I suggest that you:

1) Contact the person or company that sold you this copy of Vista and demand that they supply you with the Genuine Microsoft Software, that you paid for or, at lest, your money back.

2) Go to http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/and click the 'Validate Windows' link. Once you get to the page that says "This copy of windows did not pass genuine validation" on the right hand side, you have the ability to Report the person or company (that sold you this copy of Vista) of suspected piracy.

3) On the same page, you are also given the option to buy a WGA Kit, which contains a copy of Vista with a Genuine product key. The WGA Kit cost less then you can buy Vista in most stores.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Friday, December 21, 2007 12:01 AM

All replies

•  

Hello Henrik Gertz,

First, I'll give you some background and then I'll explain how this pretains to your issue.

Background Information: Computers (build by large computer manufacturers) that come pre-installed with Vista have a Product Key already installed in it. This key is called an OEM SLP key and it enables Vista to check the Motherboard Bios chip for specal instructions. If those instructions are found, Vista Self-Activates. So when you buy a computer (build by large computer manufacturers) that come pre-installed with Vista, you do not need to Activate it.

Your Issue: You appear to be a victim of piracy. The Product Key, you used to install your Vista, is an OEM SLP key. Since OEM SLP keys were designed to Self-Activate, they will not work when used to manually activate (i.e by phone or over the internet) and since your computer did not come pre-installed with Vista, your computer's motherboard does not contain the specal instructions to allow your OEM SLP key to Self-Activate Vista.

At this point I suggest that you:

1) Contact the person or company that sold you this copy of Vista and demand that they supply you with the Genuine Microsoft Software, that you paid for or, at lest, your money back.

2) Go to http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/and click the 'Validate Windows' link. Once you get to the page that says "This copy of windows did not pass genuine validation" on the right hand side, you have the ability to Report the person or company (that sold you this copy of Vista) of suspected piracy.

3) On the same page, you are also given the option to buy a WGA Kit, which contains a copy of Vista with a Genuine product key. The WGA Kit cost less then you can buy Vista in most stores.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Friday, December 21, 2007 12:01 AM
  • Thank you so much, for the quick reply, even though it wasnt the asnwer i was hoping for Sad.

Regards

Henrik

Friday, December 21, 2007 1:29 AM
  •  

I check that keys info and found it -in your product key:*****-*****-9364X-37XGX-24W6P i check it on google and found that this key is crack to activate Vista.Thats illegally you need buy a new and genuine key.Windows Vista cannot be cracked - key is invalid
    Tuesday, January 1, 2008 9:47 AM
  • i realise that this is an old post, but maybe the above 2 responders were jumping the gun a tad, all that seem to be indicated is that an OEM SLP key has been used and the product has not activated surely there could be more than one reason for that. The posting seems to indicate an ASUS MB, and that key is used on Dell installs, but don't some manufacturers sometimes share the same keys?

Couldn't the problem be caused by maybe the wrong disc being used on the install or a fault with the bios or the certificate not installing correctly? before assuming the above conclusions more info would be required in such situations.

No one even asked if there was a licence sticker on the pc already?

Monday, August 10, 2009 11:27 PM