windows activation RRS feed

• Question

• My computer is stuck in an activation loop ,after repairing it said needed to activate before able to boot ,done this now has same question every time i boot , each time it says it's activated .

product was same oem disc run to originally set up computer ,only difference being that sp3 was applied a while ago.
    Anyone got any ideas around this ,can not format as all my accounts are on the computer ,,,,,,and yes have not done a backup for a while ,have already tried using a backup copy of wpa.bak and wpa.dbl  to no effect .

Chris
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 4:06 AM

Answers

• To help us analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool

Once you run the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button and paste the report into your post, along with your question.

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, February 2, 2010 8:48 PM
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 6:48 AM
  • Hello chrisneh,

In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 9:53 PM

All replies

• To help us analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool

Once you run the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button and paste the report into your post, along with your question.

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 6:48 AM
  • Hi
    I ran a repair again and now it seems to have activated properly ,did install and run tool ,it said that it was still not activated

Chris
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 3:23 PM
  • Hello chrisneh,

In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 9:53 PM
  • No reply with requested information.

Issue assumed to be resolved.

Closing thread as Answered.

Darin MS
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 8:48 PM